Easy Office
LCI Learning

TO MY CCI MEMBERS..(QUIT).

Page no : 2

Faiz Ahmed ( Article Trainee) (1731 Points)
Replied 15 July 2010

Forum Rules

DO's:

• Be eager to learn and share. We at CAclubindia intend to create a knowledge base. A portal wherein you can gain, exchange and spread knowledge. This is only possible if each one of us take a sincere step and help. By doing this we will not only gain knowledge but also make relationships both professional and personal which will stand by us always.

• Categorize and Sub Categorize. While posting topics kindly Categorize and Sub Categorize properly so that the information is distributed relevantly.

• Always use the 'Search' option first: Always Search to see if a thread already exists for the topic you are interested in. Redundant threads will be deleted.

• Also use the related threads option to find if your question on a particular subject is already answered or discussed.

• Agree to disagree.Debating and sharing your views about various issues will be great fun! But whenever you disagree with someone who thinks differently than you, disagree gracefully and with dignity.

• Report any abusive activity you notice by using the report abuse button.

DONT's

• We are not here to quarrel with others. Personal attacks, sarcasm, abusive words, innuendoes and rude behaviour will not be taken lightly: The CAclubindia Community is comprised of different types of people with diverse views. They have the right to feel at ease here, even though they may not always hold the same opinions as you do or believe in the same things. Be polite to everyone always. 

• Members using abusive language will be permanently banned from the site.

• Do not reply to threads with messages like I agree thanks, etc etc. Instead use the thank user icon just below the profile detail of the user in each post.Try to add value with your each post. Member found using different tricks to increase the points will have there points moderated and reduced.

• Do not post anything that isn't supposed to be available freely. Do not post material that violates a copyright, trademark or National and State Laws. If you are quoting someone else's material or article, always credit the original author. Always remember you are legally responsible for any content that is surfaced in your name as per our disclaimer policy.

• Avoid using fake,derogatory,abusive,duplicate profile names and attacking individual and institutes. Continuance of the same might invite ban anytime. 

• Do not Advertise (direct or surrogate) or spam on the forums or through Private Messages. CAclubindia is for personal use only. If we find you trying to sell products or post advertisement links on the forums or through Private Messages, your account will be permanently banned.

• Do not post your email address or phone numbers in public. You don't want your phone number or personal information to be misused by people with evil intentions, telemarketers or spammers.

CA. Dashrath Maheshwari (TaXpert) (15090 Points)
Replied 15 July 2010

Originally posted by : Faiz Ahmed
I don't understand , what is the meaning of OTHERS FORUM? In the above compilation , some post like AIIMS message, Handbook for life... etc. are not waste. They do give something. I think a clear cut definition is required for OTHERS FORUM. 

I do agree some post are waste, but not all in the above compilation. I am with Surendra sir views. I think members don't follow forum rules. If that is followed, this problem of waste discussion(not relating directly/indirectly to our profession) can be rectified.

I agree that some of the listed items are not waste material but mostly are..

Humbly request to those members whose name is there in the above compilation to not be distressing from the above and share the related knowledge as always.

The compilation is not to hurt anybody, its was in reply to the request of well known and admired member. Even if somebody got hurt, I feel sorry for that.

CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA (Practising CA at Surat) (26258 Points)
Replied 15 July 2010

We get comfort from those who agree with us; but we get growth from only those who don't agree. 

If one refer the all the above posts; it is clear that most of the members are already  cautious about the quality. 

To maintain quality : 

1. Don't be happy with numbers only. At least full disclosures about  name should be there. Profile shown other than original name should not be allowed.  

2. Don't publish  the articles which have been repetitively posted and/or which have almost same contents.

3.  Don't allot points on repetitive posts when published in forum.

4. Don't allow Discussion and Thanks on Humour. 

5. Don't allow Discussion and Thanks on Inspirational Quotes.

6. Don't show in the Forum how many persons referred it in case of Humour and Inspiration quotes.

I am also in favour of quality.  But, if we care for quality only without additional inputs; the site will be boring. 

There are some quality sites which is referred by Professionals only but still these are not so popular.  

Before deciding anything let we find the answer of the question :  How popularity is get ? With the help of large number of persons or lesser number of persons ? Which poeple  made Amitabh Bachhachan so popular ?  I think the common man  made him popular and then he became valuable. 

If we think only about quality then surely the interaction of the students would be very few. They are already in tense. I am talking about CA students only. 

For quality; specially some articles which have been published at caclubindia; it is marvellous.  

Some querries are answered in such a manner that if advice of professional was to be taken; it could surely be chargeable upto certain thousands of  rupees.

Again we have to think  -  which  Moovies get  Hit ? The answer is : Where all the Masaala is there !! 

Ankur Garg (Company Secretary and Compliance Officer)   (114768 Points)
Replied 15 July 2010

I think most of members including moderators and Admin are confused about the exact posting in OTHERS FORUM....please don't mind yaaron....

I thought it was clear to me...he he...but i also found myself as one of the member of above confused party.

Quite funny....isn't it....

Rahul Gupta (Project Controller ACA MBA(Fin.))   (8014 Points)
Replied 15 July 2010

Good work done DM sir, but a request for one more effort from you.

You have posted the list of unwanted Forums, It will be good if you also post the useful and information forums. It will help the readers and clarify them the difference between the good and bad. Also, the popularity and the sharing of the useful forums can be judged by the CCI members themselves.

with due Regards

2 Like

CA. Dashrath Maheshwari (TaXpert) (15090 Points)
Replied 15 July 2010

Originally posted by : Ankur Garg

I think most of members including moderators and Admin are confused about the exact posting in OTHERS FORUM....please don't mind yaaron....

I thought it was clear to me...he he...but i also found myself as one of the member of above confused party.

Quite funny....isn't it....

No sir, There is no confusion about it... its very simple.

Lets take the example of Financial Statements, where we have one heading "General Expenses" or say "Misc. Exp. (P&L)"... that head is to be created for those expenditure which are petty in nature and don't have separate heading.

Likewise, we have "Others" forum, where we can post directly or indirectly related material, not having matching category.

Rishab Mathur (M.com, CA) (111 Points)
Replied 16 July 2010

I can understand the concerns of the creator of this forum but I think we are streching it a bit too far. I agree that CCI is a professional site but humour is an important part of life. I am of an opnion that a true professional is the person who includes humour in his daily routine and create an refreshing environment around him.

We should remember that CCI is the common portal which is used by students as well as professionals, its our responsibilty to provide them the space to express themselves and whether we agree or not some articles although not related to profession are extremely humourous & entertaining and we should not spoil USP of this site by just saying those are childish.

I agree with Mr. Rakhecha when he says there should not be any points given for these kinds posts & forums so that misuse of forums can be contained.

In the end, I just want say to all the members enjoy your life, enjoy your work & enjoy your profession and all the ones who are pained by these forums lets all sit together and have some thandi lassi.

3 Like

CMA. CS. Sanjay Gupta ("PROUD TO BE AN INDIAN")   (114210 Points)
Replied 17 July 2010

Dear all,

Sorry i dont know what to comment on this topic.....We all celebrate each others success through forum...It shows unity of CCI members.....but if those posts are waste then so be it. If through humour we can bring smile on the face of some one and its waste then so be it.....we all know the mental pressure through which every student and even professional go. If any of our post inspires anybody gives them mental strength and if that is a waste then so be it. We are here for sharing knowledge, inspiring each other, motivating each other and sometimes bringing smile on the sad faces.

I love when Ankur Ji posts his "Pearl of the day", i love some of the banter from Surendra Sir, I love the inspiring stories posted by Rahul Ji. I liked the post when we celebrated Ankur Ji reaching milestone of 35000 points bcoz we love each others sucess. What is the wrong with it.

I alos post these on forum section. You know a number of times i got PM from students who were very very stressed out and were inspired by those post and got the courage to keep fighting. Sometimes professional student more than anything requires someone to motivate them. There are a no of such incident the extent of ehich i will not like to disclose. I got most satisfaction out of those post and will continue posting as long as i am associted with CCI.

Extremely sorry if my  opinion hurt anybody or if anybody thinks i have posted something wrong.

Reagrds

2 Like

Replied 17 July 2010

Dear All, 

The questions was raised for quality.

Such questions should (must) be raised from time to time to make us alert  towards it. 

But it is also true that humour and inspirational quotes should also be contributed on daily basis. There is no harm to post them.   Due to this; many members open the site daily  ( even several times during the day)  otherwise once in a week is enough for them to refer it. 

Each one has right to express his views. We are here for betterment of the contents. If something has been posted which hurt someone then surely these should be removed immediately. 

Let's -

Share knowledge;

Care for inspiration 

and

Enjoy humour.  

Thanks all (without pushing thank button) !

3 Like

Replied 18 July 2010

Please see the following thread : 

https://www.caclubindia.com/forum/details.asp?mod_id=91607&offset=12

and 

thenafter  decide about the quality of the caclubindia. 

I hope all would be happy  to say , No need of worry    :    A L  L     I  S      W  E  L  L. 

Replied 18 July 2010

My extremely thanks to Mr. Bala who made alert to all about the quality of caclub contents.

Replied 20 July 2010

After declaration of CA Final and CPT results; no new post on humour.

Kya bachche hanste hue achchhe nahi lagate ?

(Don't we like that children should laugh).

1 Like

Ankur Garg (Company Secretary and Compliance Officer)   (114768 Points)
Replied 20 July 2010

Originally posted by : CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED !!!

Rahul Gupta (Project Controller ACA MBA(Fin.))   (8014 Points)
Replied 20 July 2010

Originally posted by : CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA

Thanks Mr Surendra for this post.

For last long time. the way the useful and informational post helped the students for gaining knowledge.

In the same way this time proved the importance of inspirational, jokes, humour. It indicates , that everything has its relevance.

I am sure, Many top members inspiration, guide and experience helped many studenst to come out of this bad results. I still remember the days, when even after 2-3 days we can't come to know about the % of results, the marks of rank holders and all that. Today, CCI has provided that to all after few haours of the result.

Hats off to CCI and its members.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: