Think differently while waiting for results

CS LLB Pulkit Gupta (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Life-and-Promises/553962034682487)   (16631 Points)

22 December 2010  

YOUTH EXPRESS - PART III

Think and do differently while waiting for your results

Well I know that you have already read so many posts on this topic and most of them were very good 

(Especially Vikas Maheshwari's  /forum/utilization-of-time-when-waiting-for-results-117067.asp) . So in an effort to present something new I am just sharing what I am trying these days to overcome the anxiety of results.

(A) Go for a Family Holiday 

Yaar we have Christmas and New Year coming up and I can't afford to spend such precious time working for my clients in my office.  The best thing to do is to take a week off from your office and go for a family holiday. This will not only relax you mind but will provide you with necessary energy and motivation for the hard work you have to do in 2011.

So just charge yourself , wear your traveling shoes and attack any nice place like Goa or Alibagh. They even have some special events like New Year Bash etc. One more thing "Happy New Year in Advance" . 

(B) Experiment with your work

This is the best time to try something new in your office apart from your routine work.  Well in my case , I have asked my Boss to give me some work related with Labour Laws ( like Factories Act , EPF and Bonus) which is quite different from my regular activities of Income Tax and Auditing. This will not only help me in my CA studies but will also help me in future if I go for CS or LLB. 

See , we have enough time now to even read some books related with such new work which will ultimately brush up  our skills.

(C) Involvement in entertainment activites

# Go watch  the movies (enough of good movies coming in Dec. endlike Tees Maar Khan  or January like No one killed Jessica or the movies you missed during your exams like Goolmal 3 , Robot, Anjaana Anjaani etc.) 

# We have Ashes (Aus-Eng series) and India-SA series going on which will continue in Jan. too. Yaar waise bhi bahut thand hai isliye rajai odho aur match dekho (Best time-pass) . And yes now you have excuse that you can learn from cricket (CRICKET - THINGS YOU CAN LEARN FROM THIS GAME )

# You can read some novels or inspirational books . If you want masala then pick any of Chetan Bhagat novels or Anything for you Ma'm by Tushar Raheja. For Inspirational books you can try The Secret- Rhonda Byrne (Seven Things you can learn from Secret ) , Tuesdays with Morrie - Mitch Albom or Bhagvad Gita. 

(D) Improve your Writing and  Communication skills 

# Today I was reading a post that MBAs beat CAs in salary. The main reason for this is  we people lack in  writing and communication skills.  When comes to Knowledge an MBA can never beat us but we people don't know how to project ourselves. Yaar apna Vigyapan karna seekho. Unhe 10% aata hai aur vo 100% advertise karte hai aur hume 100% aata hai but we don't know how to sell us. In this era of computer no one will choose typewriter. 

# Many people suggest you to join classes for personality development etc. but according to me you yourself is the best teacher. One can only guide you but the ultimate effort is to be put by you only. Contribute on CCI , post article and topics and see there will be a gr8 improvement in your writing skill and confidence. Try to answer other's queries. You can also read some books dealing with the above mentioned topic.

(E) Spend quality time with your family and friends 

# Last but not the least family is the most important thing in our life. Spend time with your parents , talk to them and learn from their experiences as they have something which is not taught even in the world's best school i.e. Wisdom ( experience of life ).  

# Some wonderful topics have been posted by the most respected Ankur Bhaiya, Sanjay Sir and CA Sanat Pyne. Go through them to know the importance of your parents .

/forum/stop-putting-your-parents-in-oldage-home--117827.asp

/forum/a-mother-s-love--117884.asp

/forum/the-angel--117789.asp

So this concludes my third part of this series and I'll be waiting for your comments . And ya best of luck for your results .

Link to other part of this series

Role of Friends while doing CA

Qualities of Indian Army Which Our Youth Should acquire

Regards

Pulkit Gupta

pulkit_1988 @ rediffmail.com