There was a time

There was a time
when everything was dark,
and I was all consumed only with
the shadows of a cursed life.
I couldn’t see an end and believed I’d never be able to move forward
out of the ashes, and rise like I was supposed to do.
I used to lie down, and take it.
I was black and blue,
and somehow that became me.
For so long, I was that person -
the one who was trodden into the ground.
They said I could trust them.
They said that they loved me.

But even though I took my time to see it -
there was hope.
It came in the form of one tiny spark,
the only thing left inside me that hinted I was a real person,
and I was really alive.
A voice that kept on telling me I deserved more,
and I deserved better.
It told me to talk.

There was a time,
when everything was dark
and I was so scared to move
just incase I put a foot wrong.
But that seems so long ago now,
I’m not that person anymore.
I listen to the spark that tells me I am strong, and I speak up.
I’m no longer black and blue,
I am all the colors of the rainbow,
because that is what I choose.

 

Replies (3)

Lovely sharing.. :)

Nice .....yes

 

I am all the colors of the rainbow,

 

because that is what I choose............

 

Fear can only grow in darkness. Once you face fear with light, you win.

Awesome Poem....

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details