Thanks for the appreciation

Nikhil Kaushik (Fellow CA) (85093 Points)

24 December 2014  

To all my CCI colleagues. 

At the outset, I would like to thank CCI admin team specially Vivek and Praveen, with whom I have had quite productive discussion in past.  Our discussions have covered variety of topics including that of the problems plaguing CA profession, coaching paradigm, role of CCI in the development of the profession etc.

While I have been a member of CCI for past five years, my significant contributions are limited to past two years.  In this period, I have restricted myself predominantly to the experts section.  That the members of the club and the administration team has found me worthy of being considered as the "Best Expert" in the past one year, is a matter of pleasure for me.

I have firmly believed that the objective of expert section is to provide correct and quality guidance to the querists.  However, my experience has been often that the responses are quite average in nature and often based on wrong facts and interpretations.  Further, even the level of queries sometimes (specially in student section) has been quite primal in nature. It appears that many have started treating CCI as an alternative to own hardwork.  This results in overall lowering information flow standards and accumulation of irrelevant and often wrong information database.  In addition to other reasons, this constant reduction in quality of discussions, has dissuaded me to further participate in the expert section. 

In future, I intend to focus on contritbutions to other sections of the CCI and I look forward to your continued patronage.

Regards

Nikhil