TDS Return

Dear Experts,
I have a partnership firm and I was liable to deduct TDS in Q2 but didn’t deduct. Returns for Q2 was filed on time.
But in Q3 I deducted and deposited TDS along with interest that was liable to be deducted in Q2.

My question is, should I revise the Q2 return to show this TDS since it is for that period? Or I can show this in Q3 since I deposited it in Q3?

Thanks in Advance
Replies (4)
Quick Summary
This discussion addresses a common query regarding TDS (Tax Deducted at Source) for a partnership firm. The user failed to deduct TDS in Q2 but filed the return on time. They subsequently deducted and deposited the TDS along with interest in Q3. The core question is whether to revise the Q2 return to reflect the Q2 TDS liability or to report it in the Q3 return where it was actually paid. Expert opinions suggest flexibility, with options to revise the Q2 return or report the deduction in Q3.

No need to revise Q2 return.
You can revise it and show it in Quarter 2
Can I show it in Q3?
As you wish. you revise return also or you can show it q3

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details