Tally

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bimal Thacker (Proprietor)     29 March 2010

TDS on Teacher's Salary

In a government granted school, salary of teachers comes after deduction of TDS from treasury department. TDS deducted as recomondate by the employee. However at the year end in some cases the additional tax is required to be deducted and school deducted the TDS. Can any one has idea about filling TDS return and issue of salary certificate in such cases (By school)? as from treasury only net salary is received. 

5 Replies

manoj

manoj (acct)     20 June 2011

Dear Friends,

Nobody has replied.

Please offer your comments.

I have same query on TDS directly deducted by Education Department on Teachers Salary.

Which is actually should be deducted by school.

The Education Dept is not giving any proof of TDS to us. How can it be shown in Form 16, which is to be issued by a school, where teachers actually work?

Regards

Manoj

Rajnikant Vadigoppula

Rajnikant Vadigoppula (CA, CS And CMA Final)     20 June 2011

treasury dept. is the deductor in case of salary to govt. employees

u will get tds certificate and form 16 from the department if they deducted.

if tds certificate is not received in time then apply for the same to the department.

they will issue fresh certificate.

if u r tds is more than u r tax then u have to file u r return then claim tds refund.

Manoj Sahu(MN Wealth Advisory)

Manoj Sahu(MN Wealth Advisory) (Financial & Tax Consultancy )     20 March 2020

My query,  I want to file tds Return Of a government school. The information which I have received from client is the "TV number " and bill number.  How could I generate or download the challans to file the return.

Please guide. 

Spurto Consultancy Services

Spurto Consultancy Services (Consultant)     20 March 2020

In case of government undertaking, TDS return is to filed vide ARN No.. There will not be challan no. only book entries are there 

1 Like
Manoj Sahu(MN Wealth Advisory)

Manoj Sahu(MN Wealth Advisory) (Financial & Tax Consultancy )     20 March 2020

Thanks for the info. Can you please guide me on how to file the TDS return online in that case, because I received only Gross Salary, net salary, TDS amount, Bill No and TV number from the client. This return pertains to a Government high school and TDS deducted from salary. 

Can you please guide me in that. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion

Popular Discussion

view more »

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags