TDS on purchase of immovable property

Tapash (Engineer) (34 Points)

15 September 2019  
Hello, I have purchased an apartment recently and am needed to deduct TDS for the purchase. I have the following queries regarding the form 26QB 1. I have paid earnest money by two cheques disbursed from my account on 16 Aug and 22 Aug. I have not deducted TDS then. Can i deduct TDS on the entire agreement value now in one go or do i need to deduct TDS separately for each of the cheques? 2. As the remaining amount will be disbursed by Bank through Home Loan, I am required to deduct the TDS. The actual amount disbursed by bank will be lower than the remaining amount (agreement value - earnest money), as i will also deduct TDS. So in Form 26QB, which value should I put, Agreement- Earnest money or Agreement-Earnest Money -TDS? 3. As my wife is co applicant in home loan, how do I factor her in in the TDS payment. Regards

Read more at: https://www.caclubindia.com/experts/tds-during-purchse-of-immovable-property-2762119.asp
Hello, I have purchased an apartment recently and am needed to deduct TDS for the purchase. I have the following queries regarding the form 26QB 1. I have paid earnest money by two cheques disbursed from my account on 16 Aug and 22 Aug. I have not deducted TDS then. Can i deduct TDS on the entire agreement value now in one go or do i need to deduct TDS separately for each of the cheques? 2. As the remaining amount will be disbursed by Bank through Home Loan, I am required to deduct the TDS. The actual amount disbursed by bank will be lower than the remaining amount (agreement value - earnest money), as i will also deduct TDS. So in Form 26QB, which value should I put, Agreement- Earnest money or Agreement-Earnest Money -TDS? 3. As my wife is co applicant in home loan, how do I factor her in in the TDS payment. Regards

Read more at: https://www.caclubindia.com/experts/tds-during-purchse-of-immovable-property-2762119.asp

Hello,

I have purchased an apartment recently and am needed to deduct TDS for the purchase. I have the following queries regarding the form 26QB

1. I have paid earnest money by two cheques disbursed from my account on 16 Aug and 22 Aug. I have not deducted TDS then. Can i deduct TDS on the entire agreement value now in one go or do i need to deduct TDS separately for each of the cheques?

2. As the remaining amount will be disbursed by Bank through Home Loan, I am required to deduct the TDS. The actual amount disbursed by bank will be lower than the remaining amount (agreement value - earnest money), as i will also deduct TDS. So in Form 26QB, which value should I put, Agreement- Earnest money or Agreement-Earnest Money -TDS?

3. As my wife is co applicant in home loan, how do I factor her in in the TDS payment.

Regards

Hello, I have purchased an apartment recently and am needed to deduct TDS for the purchase. I have the following queries regarding the form 26QB 1. I have paid earnest money by two cheques disbursed from my account on 16 Aug and 22 Aug. I have not deducted TDS then. Can i deduct TDS on the entire agreement value now in one go or do i need to deduct TDS separately for each of the cheques? 2. As the remaining amount will be disbursed by Bank through Home Loan, I am required to deduct the TDS. The actual amount disbursed by bank will be lower than the remaining amount (agreement value - earnest money), as i will also deduct TDS. So in Form 26QB, which value should I put, Agreement- Earnest money or Agreement-Earnest Money -TDS? 3. As my wife is co applicant in home loan, how do I factor her in in the TDS payment.