TDS on Catering Charges with VAT

Hi All,

I am a part of the compliance team at a very reputed MNC. I am also working as the auditor for invoice processing for India. I receive invoices for which I need to ensure that correct TDS is being deducted. Recently I recd an invoice whereby the Vendor has supplied pantry(milk,tea powder etc.) and also performed catering services. As per 194C,TDS on catering services has to be deducted. However the vendor has charged VAT on the catering services.

Is deducting TDS on such invoice correct?

On what amount should TDS be deducted, Gross Amount or simply on Catering services?

Also what is composite VAT rate, if anyone can provide any guidance on the same?

Thanks

Aman

Replies (1)

Hi,

The case is very intresting.

in practice we do not deduct tds on VAT bills but this matter is related to catering which comes under section 194C. so i suggets you it is better to deduct TDS (safer side).

i m waiting & welcoming any expert comment on this topic.

Thanks

 

 

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details