TDS Not deposited by ex-employer who is now closed operations

Namaste,

I have been served with outstanding tax notice under section 1431a since 2010. According to that for AY 2008, there is a TDS difference of 52000 rupees (+ int up to date). However, as per records I have of that year, my employer has deducted complete TDS as per the payments received. There seems to be chance that employer has NOT deposited the TDS to the IncomeTax Department. Hence this difference is found. I tried reaching out to the employer , but they are now closed. In 2019 I have responded to the notice, that with Disagree option in efiling portal, but have not received any response. But the demand notice is received again. In this case, please suggest the options I can execute.

Thanks

Sudhir

Replies (1)

You have to pay the demand first and close the matter.

If possible, file suit against the defaulter.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details