TDS Interest

I have deducted tds of a party on 31/03/2019 but payment is made on22/07/2019 then at what interest rate and how many month should be considered to calculate the interest???

student

5 months; March to July.

Total likes : 1 times

but how you are considering march month

if you fail to pay the amount, deducted month also liable to pay interest

but due date for paying is 30th april... so it should count 4 month

if you fail to payment due. date is not applicable

then how interest is calculated

1. Sec 201 deals with the consequence of failure to deduct or pay TDS. According to sec 201(1A)(ii), any person who deducted TDS but fail to remit the same then Simple Interest @ the rate of 1.5% p.m or part of a month shall be payable from the date of deduction to the date on which such amount is actually paid. 
2. From the above reading it very clear that interest @ 1.5% p.m shall be charged from the date of deduction to the date when such amount of actually paid. 
3. In your case interest, @ 1.5% pm will be charged for 5 months (Mar - July) including the month of March (month of deduction). 
Please correct me if the above interpretation has an alternative view. 

1. Sec 201 deals with the consequence of failure to deduct or pay TDS. According to sec 201(1A)(ii), any person who deducted TDS but fail to remit the same then Simple Interest @ the rate of 1.5% p.m or part of a month shall be payable from the date of deduction to the date on which such amount is actually paid. 
2. From the above reading it very clear that interest @ 1.5% p.m shall be charged from the date of deduction to the date when such amount of actually paid. 
3. In your case interest, @ 1.5% pm will be charged for 5 months (Mar - July) including the month of March (month of deduction). 
Please correct me if the above interpretation has an alternative view. 

Total likes : 1 times

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

CCI MENU