TDS deduction for payments to foreign companies

As per the new TDS rules, we need to deduct TDS for all payments paid to foreign companies too.

I pay website hosting companies located in US (eg godaddy.com) charges for website hosting, Server Hosting etc .
How do I deduct their TDS ? They do not have PAN number.

I cannot ask American companies to apply for PAN in India.
Even if I did, they will not apply for PAN. I am a very very small customer for them.

I obviously cannot deduct TDS on their payments. Hence I will have to pay 20% TDS from my pocket.
When filing TDS return, I will not have their PAN card numbers to put in the return.

I really wonder how this will work.

 

Any suggestions or ideas ?

 

Thx

San

Replies (1)

Dear Sanjay

The provision of section 206AA (higher tax deduction @ 20%) are very harsh on foreign remittance.

You have no option but to persuade your client to apply for an Indian PAN. You may volunteer to be their Representative assessee in India in PAN application.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article Assistant

Malhotra Rajesh & Associates

New Delhi

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
05 October 2026
Senior Accountant

Vision IT Peripherals Pvt Ltd

Mumbai

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
06 October 2026
Assistant Manager - Audit and Compliance

Ravi K Jain & Co

Noida

Others

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details