tds

 

   hi

I need some help in setting up ledgers and posting vouchers to account for payments that I have received from companies where TDS was deducted by them. For example I bill a company for Rs. 25000 on 1-12-08, they pay me Rs. 22,425 after deducting 10.3% tax what ledgers should I set-up for the tax dedcuted and how do I account in the vouchers?
Replies (3)
Originally posted by :jaya
" hi
  
I need some help in setting up ledgers and posting vouchers to account for payments that I have received from companies where TDS was deducted by them. For example I bill a company for Rs. 25000 on 1-12-08, they pay me Rs. 22,425 after deducting 10.3% tax what ledgers should I set-up for the tax dedcuted and how do I account in the vouchers?
"


 

In such a case u will pass a journal entry

Bank A/c                                    Dr.                      22425

TDS Receivable A/c                Dr.                         2575

                 To Patry Name A/c                                                       25000

 

 

thx

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details