Tds 194i for an nri

Hello All,

Just a quick question .. I have a property which is currently under development. Builder had given yes the post dated cheques towards late running of the development and handing over back our flats. I am a NRI  and

a. I have inherited this  property from my parents who are no more.

b. I don't have any income in India.

Now Builder is asking us the return the cheques and re-issue the cheques after deducting 10% or 20%  if you don't have PAN card, which I don't have, as TDS under 194 -I law. 

Am I correct in assuming , my case doesn't come under the merit of TDS?

Your valuable suggestions/comments are most welcome.

Thanks & Regards,

VG.

 

 

Replies (1)
the builder is in obligation to deduct TDS

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details