Tax under Proffessional Services

Hi All,

Im currently doing my Masters in Engineering (M.Tech/M.E) and  Ive joined a company as an intern to do a project which is partial requirement i have to fulfill to get the degree. The company is paying me stipend (as mentioned by them in the offer letter). They are treating my work under professional services and are deducting tax under section 194J.

I joined in January 2011 and Internship duration is for 5 months. I havent had any payment (in form of any scholarships) in the financial year 2010-2011

Do I come under the Proffessional services category? If I do come, is there any way I can get the refund of this amount?

 

Many Thanks,

gmakkena

 

Replies (2)

 

This services comes under professional service and  I don’t think that you comes under any one of it.

 

Sports Persons,

Umpires and Referees,

Coaches and Trainers,

Team Physicians and Physiotherapists,

Event Managers,

Commentators,

Anchors and

Sports Columnists.


Don’t worry at the filing of ITR you will get your TDS refund or will adjust with your tax liability.

Yes u can avail the benefit of tax credit from the Income Tax Department at the time of filing your return by obtaining form 16A from your employer and the amount of tax deducted by the company will be deducted from your actual tax liability

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
08 October 2026
Accounts and Tax Associate

POOJA R TELI & CO

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 08 October 2026
ARTICLE TRAINEE

S.B.G. & CO. CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
SALES TELECALLER

HIRE NOVA

Lucknow

Graduate (Any)

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
07 October 2026
Senior Account Manager

Amplio Invest

Mumbai

M.Com

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details