Tax rules interest exemption

Dear Team, I have recently booked a flat on my wife's name. I have few questions with regard to income tax exemptions.

First, will I get the exemption on interest paid to bank against home loan keeping in mind the property is in my wife's name.

Second, my package is 12,64,000.. if I make the propert as joint then new tax rule is beneficial for me or the old one?? As per my knowledge , new tax rule dies not allow any exemption. So should I make the property as joint thereby saving the money of 1% registeration.

Third, will this tax rule be the same every year going forward. I wanted to get the benefit of interest paid to bank against the income tax. 

Please help.

Thanks

Sailesh Mutreja 

Replies (1)
First
Home loan interest deduction will be eligible to home owner and home loan taker.

A person taking housing loan has to be the owner of house then only interest claim

Second

Old one

Making it joint will be your decision.

But what percentage ownership you will mention ??

eg. if you mention 50-50 then home loan interest deduction you will get only for 50% being your share.

Your wife won't get Interest deduction as she is not borrower of loan.

Third

That is a guess work as we don't know budgets.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details