Tax Rules for Trading gains in futures & options

I would request you to clarify whether profit/losses on transactions in futures & options is to be classified as speculative gain / speculative loss or capital loss/gain under Income Tax Act (at the time of filing returns).
Also, can I get any benefit on the STT paid by me on above transactions
Thanks
Replies (2)
The One Says:

Dear friend Kalpesh, taxability under different heads would depend on whether you are a trader or investor. Classification would depend on various factors.

1) I can club the profit from short term capital gains (shares) and losses from Future and options?

2) I am salried person but have some gains from Fno. Where I need to show this while filling Incom tax?

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
SALES TELECALLER

HIRE NOVA

Lucknow

Graduate (Any)

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article Trainee/ CMA Trainee

RMA And Associates LLP

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details
Company
07 October 2026
Senior Account Manager

Amplio Invest

Mumbai

M.Com

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details