Tax refund

I have provided my company Rent receipt for AY 12-13. The same was defaulting in salary slips for the period Mar to Dec but they recovered all income tax pertaining to tax free HRA in the month of Jan to Mar. After enquiring, it was told to me that since the concerned department has not received the rent receipt, so entire HRA shall be considered taxable. It was also told to me that I can claim the refund after filing my tax return. I have a copy of that rent receipt. Please advise me whether, can I get the refund by efiling? or I need to change my form 16?

 

Replies (1)

Yes you can recalculate your taxable income by giving HRA deductions & claim refund by filing your returns.

No need to change the Form 16

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details