Tax Filling For Slef Employed (Tutions)

Hi,

My Wife is Self Employed and the source of income is through school Tutions, Since the payment is in Cahs so there is no TDS deducted and hence there is no Form 16. I want to File her Returns myself through E-Filing and I have few queries regarding the same.

 

1) Which ITR Form should I fill up. (ITR2 or ITR4) ??

2) What Documentation should she maintain for her reference?

 

Thanks,
Harshit Patel

Replies (22)

https://wikimapia.org/13843395/CAHS-Coyalmannam-by-Vivek-kuriyil

 

nice school "CAHS"    :)

sir ye kya school hai??

 

i think ITR 4 needs to be filled...!!

what's her gross receipts by the way?

@ sunshine .. It is Less than 1.8 Lacs ...

@ Us Sharma - whats that?

Originally posted by : Harshit

Hi,

My Wife is Self Employed and the source of income is through school Tutions, Since the payment is in Cahs so there is no TDS deducted and hence there is no Form 16. I want to File her Returns myself through E-Filing and I have few queries regarding the same.

 

1) Which ITR Form should I fill up. (ITR2 or ITR4) ??

2) What Documentation should she maintain for her reference?

 

Thanks,
Harshit Patel

The link is for CAHS school

ITR 4 can be filed if u want to show receipts as Business Income and, 

ITR 1 can be filed and you can show the receipts as other sources.

hahaha....I think that was a Tyoing Error.... I Meant CASH !!

ya and ur wife is Slef employed..!!

ok if this has been the case fr the past 3 years then she has to maintain the books of accounts as per rule 6F...

 

cash book,journal,ledger,bills,vouchers..........

:D

@ Apoorva - If I File ITR1 ... than do i need a Form16...cuase she doesnt have one...

 

@ Us Sharma - She has just started since last year and she has not been maintaining .. cash book,journal,ledger,bills,vouchers.......etc ... She is jus taking Group Tutions ...not sure...if this documentsare of any relevance to Tutions...??

disclose it as professional income to the tune of 1 lacs and balance as income from other sources, it will save you from homework.

I m asking you to show all receipts form tuition to OTHER SOURCES.....for this you dont require 16A.
 

Nice Harshit bhai. . . Phir se typing ko tyoing kar gaye. . . . . . . No problem i m also did the same mistake lot of times. . . . . .

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 03 October 2026
Accountant

A P Lodha and Associates

Jalna

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details