Tax during unemployment or jobless

I am am private sector professional hoding ITR recepit & Form 16 during my job tenure. But unfortunately I am unemplyed since last two years and I didn't earn any single penny from any resource(e.g. business, Free Lancing etc) I am totally dependent on my parents who take care of my food/clothes etc. They transfer some ammount in my bank Accounts sometime for my needs. 

In such condition(which is fairly misreable) do i need to take care of ITR & Form 16. I didn't e-file for 2013 and also don't have for Form16 for 2012 & 2013. Is this any illegal activity as per Tax Law of India?

What if I would get some job in future and have to submit Form16 and details of past periods. Please guide me or provide some online source source.

--

Regards

Replies (2)

Form 16 is required only when one is earning a salary. In your case, you might be earning some interest from saving bank account. You may still file your ITR showing this interest, just to continue the practice of filing ITR regularly.

The employement condition is bad in the market, and one will have to dig deeper within oneself to use one's own talent/skills to make a living. Hope the situation improves next year.

I am unemployed person . can I file Income Tax Return ??? Is it yes ? But How ??? Please Give Me Suggestion !!!

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details