Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tan number not reflecting in bank database

Ravishankar K (Accountant) (458 Points)

04 October 2011  

It is almost an year that we have got our TAN Number , but till date every time we pay income tax in form 281, the bank staff ( State bank of India) tell us that our TAN No is not reflecting in their database, initially I thought that the TAN database available with bankers will be refreshing every month or so, but now inspite of being more than a year the TAN database has not refreshed and our TAN Number is not displayed i.e when enetered our TAN Number the name of TAN Holder is not displayed but we have TAN login and from past one year we are deducting and paying tax and also all our quarterly statements are being accepted by TIN NSDL.

Now where do i approach so that the TAN number of our Co is reflected in the database which the bank looksup / uses during collecting tax/

Kindly advise and help

3 Replies

(Guest)

visit incometaxindia.gov.in site take the cursor to 

on the left side menu "TAN"  you get sub-menu

there you can verify your TAN No.  after going to that site enter your TAN No.

If  you get your Name, address etc., then you can onvince that your no. is in the records of the dept.

If not you have to write back to the dept. who has sent you the letter.

( This is happening in case of PAN Nos. and AIN Nos. The dept. is so careless as they do not get anything by doing completely what they are supposed to.) 

Ravishankar K (Accountant) (458 Points)
Replied 05 October 2011

All data is correct in IT website we can get all details and our TAN no status also active its only 1 yr old , seems SBI did not refresh, their database with IT dept or something like that will tell SBI to contact their HQ / Cust Care and inform about this problem ...

(Guest)

not to SBI. write to the IT Dept. from where you have received.

Because it seems you have not tried in other banks.  To the best o f my understanding, the IT Dept. delays updating for months. (AIN No. allotted 6 months back is not found with tin facilitation centres.)(AIN Nos. allotted are not found when we try to verify online) of course this is democracy. You can't blame any bureacrat.

You try by writing to the Dept. If the dept. updates then it can be found whereever and whenever necessary.

Happy Dusserah.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register