Easy Office
LCI Learning

SYLLABUS For ARTICLESHIP TRAINING

Page no : 3

CA.kaya (Chartered accountant) (3990 Points)
Replied 14 October 2009

boss may not have all type of client . but he can give his best to the student . and for further coverage he can send student to other C A those who are having different client .i mean boss A is having co-operative bank(client) boss B may have company(client). so both can send exchange their student.(if its possible then only)

reshma (Student -Final CA) (41 Points)
Replied 10 November 2009

I do agree with Both of you shahi and kaya .......since even i am facing a same that they treat as employee and not like a students......and even after completing one year and four months still i am at interenal audit place only the thing is before one year i have done audit with senior and i am doing same but alone ...no return has been done yet....and when we people request to sir(CA )they always say will give you chance but not given yet..and another thing is they are froce to go alone for audit no matter how far that place and again they want to be reached at audit place by 9.30am no matter whether trafic arise or not........and they say something and do something they all are big liers thi is not fare at all with students........even they have not done any  increment in stipend after 1 year also........when they tell to come in office they give some bank entries and no work before 4.ooclock they give such a employees work at 5.30pm and leave at 9'o clock .........and we cant do anything because of rules.....even cant take transfer also ..........conclusion is no more knowledge,no more earning,no more time left with us for doing study,articleship is like a jail for 3 years 

Replied 10 November 2009

reshma you do one thig. what ever work sir give you do it in a very careful manner , find some very impt points ,which even your sir missed out, that time his opinion about you will change and he will surly give challenging work. this you can do by reading cases, tax laws, etc..

Replied 11 November 2009

Thanks Maya,but in my firm there are some other article even they have same knowlege about tax , laws as much as i hv....i think it depends upon luck factor .......it may be possible that my luck factor is not so good for getting work of finalisations.and as you hv said that find some important points and do it in a very careful manner i hv done it with very careful manner..and second think is i am doing audit alone of big firm & at the time of reporting  my bos just look once and  just say that ok fine only two point out of this report is major points now start audit for next quarter even he does not came at audit place for the last time audit which i hv did.

Replied 11 November 2009

Thanks Maya,but in my firm there are some other article even they have same knowlege about tax , laws as much as i hv....i think it depends upon luck factor .......it may be possible that my luck factor is not so good for getting work of finalisations.and as you hv said that find some important points and do it in a very careful manner i hv done it with very careful manner..and second think is i am doing audit alone of big firm & at the time of reporting  my bos just look once and  just say that ok fine only two point out of this report is major points now start audit for next quarter even he does not came at audit place for the last time audit which i hv did.

Shashi Bhushan (Learner, Jalandhar) (996 Points)
Replied 12 November 2009

Reshma! i will suggest to make a humble request to your CA. tell him that sir i am doing same work since begining. please allow me and tell my seniors to give me next level work.

this request should be very special and in a serious manner. it can be like before saying anything tell him that sir i want to talk something urgent, are you free? then he will realise that there is some urgent matter. then he will listen you carefully and surely take some positive steps.

it must be a request. if it will be said in other manner then it will affect his ego and he will never take care of your benefits.

make him realise that you have great urge to learn something. then he will surely help you.

use some emotional words like sir i am like your daughter. and i need your blessings to be successfull.

dont specify name of any other article who is given better work.  

try this and then reply. if it won't work then i will give u another solution.

good luck

:-)

Replied 12 November 2009

in training guide ICAI already  specified aeas of work . show it to your sir .

Replied 13 November 2009

Thanks shashi,u know what u had given me same adviced as my friend has given to me,and i hv done that .....12 days ago.
 I hv requested to sir that, please dont let me go alone 4 audit at this time(i was in office at that time for 7 days after completing 1st quarter audit)sir i will go after sm time with senior when they come after there exams are over and sir my one year is already completed and still i hv not  done any returns,sir nw i wnt 2 learn office work also and even sir last tm when i was at statutory audit place u hv told me 2 go 4 internal audit of 1 st qrter, at d end of august so i miss out returns done in sept at that time(i hv told emotionally).
This all i hv told in d present of that article who is gvn better work and even she got frusted of this articleship since she has to sit in off 4 long hours and has to tolerate sir and sir's brother (as an sir's employer all time in office)
Then sir replied (by giving one smile) that u just dont worry u will be learned all type of works during this training period and even some returns are still pending will be given to you(but when????????)
i am still facing problem since one sept i hv already miss out and now on next sept i will be on leave for exams.......so no chance for getting better work..............................Thanks a lot shashi for giving
 me such a good advice.........Thanks to kaya also and sorry kaya for calling u maya in my earlier massage.
1 Like

Replied 14 November 2009

if your CA is sending you for audit than its good for you. try to be independent. check errors which can affect balance sheet, make list and show it direct to CA. finalising the balance sheet is most important work you should do. making returns are very simple which you can do in next closing. till than prepare yourself in dealing with books, Tds etc.

take responsibility of works on you. in this way your CA will have to depend on you for various works.

If its not possible to do than reduce office timing to 2 pm and then join another CA for evening timing. take permission from your CA. he will allow you because he is not able to give you work. he can send you to some CA he know.

yogesh (Artical Assistent) (51 Points)
Replied 14 November 2009

i agree 100%

1 Like

Replied 18 November 2009

i knew that  making returns are very simple but i just want  to do it for the purpose of experience and as u hv said shashi that 'to reduce office timing and then join another CA '......i can do it but i dont want to do that  since i dont have dare to do it.......is this ur another solution?.......and even it will not be as per ur suggested syllabus for articleship....anyway i just want to tell that ..the way u have suggested for syllabus of articleship in very first para is excellent.

Replied 18 November 2009

Dont worry if this solution cant work. most of the students including me are not able to learn what they want because of many limitations.

just make yourself perfect in what ever work you are dealing with. i am also following the same rule. now i have gained overall understanding about  every work and now every new work i can do very easily with minor help only.

for example my CA never gave me any TDS related work. but i always observed about TDS certificates, returns, tds challans.  and last week i make TDS return 26Q without any person's help. and now concept of TDS is clear to me though my CA never give me work about it.

so in the alike way you can proceed. most important thing is you hve to give more and more time. even same work give additional knowledge if we do it again and agian.

last one was my other solution. that didn't work. so this is the another solution. :-)

further questions????  you can ask.. i will feel happy to reply.

CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA (Practising CA at Surat) (26258 Points)
Replied 01 December 2009

If you want good results; you should plan for it.

Doing CA is not a joke. You are facing troubles because  you didn't plan for a good training. Like others; you might have joined  the course because it is good. How good it is for you; I assume you were not knowing.

Mistakes are committed by anyone. But these should not be continued and/or repeated.

If you are  not satisfied with your training; change your articleship with other member.

Where sufficient work is there and number of students are also good; at that place you should join as Articled Clerk.  It is true that some members treat the clerks as articles.

CA Surendra Rakhecha

Surat

1 Like

Replied 02 December 2009

CA surendra Rakhencha, it might be possible that u hv got all type of work under the training ......n u cant perhaps anything without knowing the situations.......n offcourse doing CA is not a Joke .......n i hv joined CA to Get Best knowledgs In Accounting ..........all type of knowledga Basic,expert and working knowledge........................n not for timepass it was the different thing that i hv not searched for good firm before joining articleship..........n now i hv dont have any problem in my firm since my sinear were good they guide me for best they can.........and it is not possible to change my article ship with other member..........and now i am performing in a good manner as i can so now i am satisfied with this articleship.

Kausha Mehta (CS FINAL STUDENT) (187 Points)
Replied 16 January 2010

I too agree dat articles are treated like an employee... trainer gives all work on their shoulders n they go out... but the amazing thing is dat some trainee loves to be treated as an employee... they dont feel underestimated...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: