SUPPLY OF GOODS UNDER WARRANTY/AFTER SALES SERVICE

Hello Expert,

Plz quide us for the following matter:

If I am a manufacturer and I m supplying goods to customer which also covered under one year warranty period.and during warranty period any services or consumables require then I m liable to provide such services and replace such parts without any cost.bcoz I have already charged consideration at the time of sales and it is specifically mentioned in sales invoices that such goods are covered a one year warranty.

in the above issue, How can I supply such parts to our customer?
Replies (14)

Please be more clear.

Are you asking whether you have to charge GST on the free supplies made under warranty or something else?

I m asking about free supplies made under warranty
nothing to do just mention in invoice it is supplied against original product and value is zero
because In old invoice you already mentioned about your warranty

Okay,free supplies are to be made if the goods are covered under warranty, I dont understand in what aspects you have doubts about in this specific case!

Thx g mahesh Mundra,

you mean to say I have to raise invoice having zero values.bt what about GST if such parts are manufactured by us?
nothing will affect GST because you replaced the old parts and old one you got back
nothing will affect GST because you replaced the old parts and old one you got back

In this case, you shall issue a delivery challan (at actual cost) and reverse the ITC taken on the parts given as free supplies under warranty.

no need to reverse ITC because in his bill he clearly mentioned about warranty so no need to reverse and also he changed the defective one only and he got back his old one
Thx to both. I think your suggestions are valuable for me. again thanks
I think it may be replaced by credit note.
no need
surprised, should not Sec.no/ rule be there.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details