Suggestion/Help required

Rohit (NA) (24 Points)

05 September 2010  

Hi Guyz, 

Let me just start with giving a small introduction of myself. I am a 25 year old post graduate (MBA) and currently working with a KPO. The problem facing me is quite peculiar. I have been working for the past 4 years in fields/jobs where my heart did not lie in. It was just circumstances (not financial- but non admission into a regular MBA programs) which forced me to do a part time MBA and work along with it. I have now recently switched jobs and I find myself to be unhappy again. At this stage I have decided to quit and decide what do I actualy want to do in life. 

Now the problem, I always had keen interest in accountancy right from class 11th, but again wrong choices and circumstances made me do honours in economics with pretty low aggregate percentage. I had filled in for CA foundation in 2003 but thought that this would bnot be feasible with economics and left it. Now that I am in a soup, I look back and can make out that not pursuing the course of my interest has landed me where I am today, unhappy with my career. Sure, I have done MBA , but hardcore financial analysis and technical stuff on accountancy still excites me.

Would it be feasible for me to not think about my age and go for CA at this stage? How much time does it take to get a charter membership>?? I know most of the people who become CA are younger than me, but I dont know, I just cant let go this thought!! 

Desperately seeking answers :)