Story of four candles

The four candles burns slowly. The ambiance was so soft you could hear them talking.

The first one said, “I am Peace! however nobody can keep me lit. I believe, I will go out.”

It’s flame rapidly diminishes and goes out completely.

The second one says, “I am Faith! Most of all, I am no longer indispensable, so it doesn’t make any sense that I stay lit any longer.”

When it finished talking, a breeze softly blew on it putting it out.

Sadly, the third candle spoke in its turn: “I am love! I haven’t got the strength to stay lit. People put me aside and don’t understand my importance. They even forget to love those who are nearest to them.”

And waiting no longer it goes out.

Suddenly…

A child enters the room and sees three candles not burning.

“Why are you not burning? You are supposed to stay lit till the end.”

Saying this, the child begins to cry.

Then the fourth candle said: “Don’t be afraid, while I am still burning we can re-light the other candles, I am Hope!”

With shining eyes, the child took the candle of hope and lit the other candles.

THE FLAME OF HOPE SHOULD NEVER GO OUT FROM YOUR LIFE.

…and that each of us can maintain Peace, Faith, Love and Hope!!!

Have a nice Day.

Replies (1)

Kashyap its  areally good one..... yes. When faced with hardship and adversity we often lose hope..but its the only thing that keeps us going in tough times.... Thanks a ton for the post...smiley

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details