Some logical questions-test your brain

CA Ruskin B (Member) (2602 Points)

11 January 2012  

Attempt these TRICKY QUESTIONS and prove that you are a GENIUS.

If you could answer atleast 10 questions correctly, no doubt you are not an ordinary, but a genius, proud of your parents.. (means you will get nothing for your brain if sold in the market as it is used to a large extent...)

Segment 1

First Question:

You are participating in a race. You overtake the second.
What position do you finish?

Second Question:

If you overtake the last then you arrive...?

Third Question:

(Very very Tricky maths! This riddle must be done IN YOUR HEAD ONLY and NOT using paper and a pen.)

Take 1000 and add 40 to it.
Now add another 1000.
Now add 30.
Another 1000.
Now add 20.
Now add another 1000.
Now add 10.
What is the total?

Segment 2

1) 10 Birds in a field. 2 were shot, how many were left?

2) A box has nine ears of corn in it. A Squirrel carries out three ears a day, and yet it takes him nine days to carry out all the corn. Explain?

3) Why do white sheep eat more than black sheep?

4) I have 2 coins in my hand that add up to 60 ps. One of the coins isn't a 50ps piece. What are the coins?

5) A fisherman was asked how long was the fish he had caught. He said "it is 30cms plus half its length" How long was the fish?

6) A Hammer and a Nail cost31. If the Hammer cost30 more than the Nail, what is the cost of each?

7) It takes 7 men 2 hours to build a wall. How long does it take 3 men to build the same wall?

8) "I will bet you1" said Ram, "that if you give me2, I will give you3 in return."
"Done," replied Shyam. Was he?

9) Some months have 30 days, some months have 31 days. How many months have 28 days?

10) A truck driver is going the wrong way on a one-way street and then goes up onto the sidewalk brushing several pedestrians. Many people see this happen and yet go about their business as if nothing had happened. Why?

11) Who is not, not, not a person that has not, not set foot on the moon?
 a.Neil Armstrong
 b.Your mom