So can I pay taxes now??

Hello,I was using a friend's account for my frunds coming from my US clients,before August,2008.

Since August 2008,I have been using my own ICICI and HDFC account for receving the funds from my clients..

All of the payments are done via PayPal, Wire Transfer or Western Union.

Well,so can I pay advance tax now ??

Im looking for a Home Loan and so I need to fill in a return ,so that I can produce that to the bank..

And since August,It has been around 1-1.5 lacs being credited in my account every month.

So how much shall I pay as advance taxes ???

 

Plz help...

Replies (5)

I have a LIC  of 25k per year.

I pay house rent as 7.5k a month.

I pay my car laons of 16k per month,which is on my mom's name,but I ride it.

Internet bills are around 2.5k every month.

Household bills are unlimited.

Dear Soumendra

What nature of funds are coming. Is servicing charges, technical fees or salary. If they are just received as an agent then tell the purpose also.

No,I offer Web Services , and the clients use to pay directly..

Its something like freelancing,you can call..

 

So,what can be the charges for me ??

You have to pay taxes as per Individual slab rate.

After deducting your business expenditure like travelling exps, telephone / rent / internet/ repairs of machinery / depreciation and expenses incurred exclusively for business purpose ;the net result that is Net profit will arise. After  that Deduction under section 80 C for LIC investment can be claimed. If you want then you can also invest in PPF (maximum 70000/-) and get 80 C deduction from your Income. On net income calculate the tax liability.

One more thing are you registered under Service tax as your receipts exceed 10 lacs

Oh ho..

Whats PPF and where shall I contact to invest in PPF ?

Whats the advantages an disadvantages of Service Tax ?

And Im a one man army. I work alone..

And when do you suggest me to file the ITR ?

 

And is it necessary that,I need to show them that,I earn more than 10 lakhs a year ??

Can I show it as less than 5 lakhs or so ?

 

Or do the Income tax guys peep into the Saving Bank accounts ??

I have bought many stuffs for myself and for all of them,I have the bill and invoice,everything.

Will that help me to show as expense ?

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
SALES TELECALLER

HIRE NOVA

Lucknow

Graduate (Any)

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 08 October 2026
ARTICLE TRAINEE

S.B.G. & CO. CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 03 October 2026
Accountant

A P Lodha and Associates

Jalna

B.Com

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
Account Executive

Elite Taxation

New Delhi

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
06 October 2026
Assistant Manager - Audit and Compliance

Ravi K Jain & Co

Noida

Others

View Details
Company
Featured ARTICLESHIP 06 October 2026
Semi Qualified

AJAY SINGH AND CO LLP

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details