Slight change in dress code of CAs

Aisha (Finance Professional) (7547 Points)

01 September 2008  

Sub:  Dress Code for Members and Students

This has reference to the earlier instructions issued by the headquarters regarding dress code for members.  I may inform that there is a small change regarding the dress code, as against the designed with blue colour notified last year, it will be a navy blue colour.  The sample of the cloth is enclosed herewith to ensure uniformity in the colour.  I have been told that this colour is easily available in the market at Raymonds shops with the name Sapphire  (415384 – 89 - 009 shade Nevy Blue).  However, I may clarify this is not necessary that this cloth should be of this Company.  So long the colour is the same, it can be of any manufacturer. 

Members can have the coat tailor-made at individual level.  In case you feel appropriate, you can get it manufactured at branch level of different sizes after ascertaining the requirement and size from the local members of your branch/region.  You may publicise this through your newsletter and otherwise so that members can have their coats.  In addition thereto, lapel pins are provided to our members.   

I may also inform you that dress code is also prescribed to our students, the colour of the coat is same i.e. Navy Blue Colour, however it is advisable in the case of student that it is a sports blazer instead of Coat (Jacket) for the members.  The lapel pins for students will be different than the members which will clearly indicate that the person concerned is a student of ICAI.  

These lapel pins are being got manufactured at the headquarters level and will be sent to you soon. 

In case of any clarification you may please write to me.

Ved Jain