Single TDS deducted for multiple transactions - Form 27Q (Urgent)

I have bought a property from an NRI.

I have paid token advance amount to NRI on 12th November.

I have paid remaning amount on 19th November.

But I have deducted TDS on TOTAL payment and paid challan (of 22.88% on Total) on 17th November itself.

When filing Form 27Q which date should I specify in the "Date of Payment/Credit" column? I have paid single challan for multiple transactions...

What to do in this situation? Thanks.

Replies (2)
Quick Summary
This discussion addresses a common query regarding TDS deduction and filing Form 27Q when purchasing property from an NRI. The user made two payments for a single property purchase but deducted TDS on the total amount and paid it via a single challan before the second payment. The core question is which 'Date of Payment/Credit' to use in Form 27Q when a single challan covers multiple transaction dates. The advice provided is that a single challan can indeed be linked to different payment dates, and the user is not late in making the TDS payment.

12 th Nov., 2022.... No problem, you are not late for payment of TDS...

Single challan can be linked to 2 different dates payment.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details