Should i surrender my gst account?

I am from India. I am earning through a website – freelancer.com (Australia based). My entire income is through this website. I don’t earn anything with in India Territory.

I was searching on Google if I am liable to register GST or not and found below article.
https://www.quora.com/Does-the-GST-apply-to-a-freelancer-whose-client-is-American

As per this article, I am not liable even to GST but I am already registered and duly getting my GST returns Zero rated.

Should I surrender my GST account?

Replies (6)
1. if you take compulsary registration then you surrender it after 6 month of registration date
2. if you take voluentary registration then you surrender it after one year of registration date

Sir, Am i eligible for GST registration? 

I am earning through a website – freelancer.com (Australia based). My entire income is through this website. I don’t earn anything with in India Territory. I was searching on Google if I am liable to register GST or not and found below article. https://www.quora.com/Does-the-GST-apply-to-a-freelancer-whose-client-is-American As per this article, I am not liable even to GST but I am already registered and duly getting my GST returns Zero rated.

Read more at: https://www.caclubindia.com/forum/should-i-surrender-my-gst-account--453034.asp#reply

what is your work please defined me ?

I am a Software Developer. There is a website called freelancer.com(Australia based). My entire income is through this website. This website converts the currency to INR and send me to my local bank.

I am a Software Developer. There is a website called freelancer.com(Australia based). My entire income is through this website. This website converts the currency to INR and send me to my local bank.

please read OIDAR provision inGst ,, if you fall that condition then you liable for gst in reverse charge basis,{ beacause i can not undetstand your whole situtation with short given infirmation by you..}

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details