Should i file it return if total income is below 5 laks?

Yaaros (Others)     31 March 2015

 33 points

| My Other Post

My total salary in FY 14-15 is 4,50,000/- without any deductions, and 80,000/- as interest from term deposits. Now, I have deposited 1,50,000/- in tax-saver term deposit. So, should I file IT return and what would be my tax liability, if any?


Vivek Venkataram (Just cleared CS(441/800) now C.A Final Attempt in May 2015)     31 March 2015

Vivek Venkataram
Just cleared CS(441/800) now C.A Final Attempt in May 2015 
 72 likes  772 points

View Profile | My Other Post

You will need to file return as your interest from bank is 80000/-. which makes your GTI above rs.5 L

Also TDS would have been deducted from your salary and if you have any deductions available to you or housing loan interest you can claim refund of the same.

avater,CS,CA F Tushar Sampat ( CS,CA F)     31 March 2015,CS,CA F Tushar Sampat CS CA F 
 5067 likes  85627 points

View Profile | My Other Post

Assuming that you are not super senior citizen as per provisions contained in sec 139  if the total income without giving effect to any deduction or exemption exceeds the basic exemption slab then you need to mandatory file the income tax return.


Vijayalakshmi (Articled Student)     31 March 2015

Articled Student 
 37 points

View Profile | My Other Post

Hi yaaros As per the notification 9/2012, if the total income is less than 5 lakh and interest from savings bank a/c is below 10,000 That person need not file ITR. but in yr case as interest income is on term deposits.. you need to file ITR:)


Thiyagarajan Kandasamy (Manager Accounts)     31 March 2015

Thiyagarajan Kandasamy
Manager Accounts 
 6 likes  194 points

View Profile | My Other Post

Mr yaaros - you must file the return, and your age was not specified in your case, bcus senior citizen having exemption limit of Rs 5 lakh, if you are a normal citizen exemption limit for FY - 2014 / 2015 is Rs 2,50,000. So you must file your IT. Thiyagu.


Vishal Goel (Chartered Accountant)     31 March 2015

Vishal Goel
Chartered Accountant 
 135 likes  1621 points

View Profile | My Other Post

An individual willl have to file their return if your Gross Total Income before any deductions is more than the exemption limit. Deductions in this case will be the usual 80C to 80U deductions.


CA Practice  
 25 points

View Profile | My Other Post

Pls file return quickly


Dilip (chief Accounts Officer)     04 April 2015

chief Accounts Officer 
 79 points

View Profile | My Other Post

For a salaried employee without other income, if Total income is less than 5 lacs, it is motnot mandatory for him to file ITR


manoj verma (...)     10 April 2015

manoj verma
 33 points

View Profile | My Other Post

your income is above exemption limit and if you are not a super senior citizen then you must have file your income tax return because your gross total income is Rs 580000.You have diposited Rs 150000 in tax-saver term deposit but here it is not it is clarified in which section of 80. Therefore it is difficult to calculate your tax liability. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »