ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Should i do CA or not - advise please

vijay Sharma (Senior Sales Consultant- Corporate Sales)   (45 Points)

14 November 2011  

Hi All CA Professionals,

I think i need to tell you more about myself so that you can advise me accordingly. I am 26 yrs. old and done B.Com, DBM, ADBM and an MBA (Sales and Marketing) [distance education] with 6 years of Sales and Business Dev experience. Out of which 5 years were with Dell and this year i moved to a new IT service company in Hyderabad. I am a certified Software Sales professional from Microsoft, symantec, Vmware, Net app and Commvault and i am really good at what i do in job. Still it is my desire to pursue CA as i believe this is the most respectable and high in demand profession.

I have met many people who have done CA and found them happy with their job. Since you all either have completed or purusing CA, i am sure must have been inspired or motivated by something/someone to do CA. I am good at practical and have good knowledge of costing and Accounting (mainly company accounts..shares/deb) but theory is like a rocket science for me because i hardle remember section/sub-sctions in law :) I want to try and try with my best efforts to do CA so looking for your best and true advise. I still have passion and i think i can crack the exams but couldnot make the decision yet. To be frank, i am working in night shifts so coaching classes will not be possible for me but i can manage 2 hrs daily towards my study for sure. I know to become a CA you need to do hard work and should have some luck too...Please advise for me friends. Thank you

20 Replies

CA Vinod V Menon (Chartered Accountant) (489 Points)
Replied 15 November 2011

You have solid exp and qualification in sales and Marketing... Why do you want to choose a diff one at this point? Do agree that its each individuals choice, but I prefer you pursue career in Sales, but for satisfying your heart study CA... But don't leave your current career as qualifying CA needs a little luck also... So in the worst scenario... You should not loose your current career also!!!
4 Like

CA CS Akashdeep Singh (Practicing CA) (1394 Points)
Replied 15 November 2011

You have good experience in other areas which is not realtaed to CA. I dont think that CA will help you in area in which you have expertise. You should have strong reason to join CA. The reason given by you that your friend are CA and they are earning good. It is not a relevant reason as per my opinion at this tpoint of time because you have already spent important 6 years of life in other area. There are many fields in which peoples are earning excellent, we cant do all things. Its my personal opinion. If you want to do CA for others reason, then welcome.
2 Like

CA CS Akashdeep Singh (Practicing CA) (1394 Points)
Replied 15 November 2011

I mentioned by mistake that you are inspired by your ca's friends instead you have met with some peoples who are doing ca. But my opinion is same in both cases.
1 Like

raa (rs) (33 Points)
Replied 15 November 2011

Nabeel (CA) (3288 Points)
Replied 15 November 2011

Sir, i don't think you should persue your career in CA........ You have very good qualification and experience in other field, which is quite different from CA.......

You had already spent 5 -6 years of your life in different areas and it doesn't seems your good decision as per my opinion.......

If you are prepared to join CA for any reason, then you are welcome in this field but it requires hard work and if you are thinking of quitting your present work for persuing CA, then it is advisable not to do this.........

1 Like

Vikas (Chartered Accountant) (162 Points)
Replied 15 November 2011

Agree with all. If u really want to do then go ahead. But C.A. is very difficult and needs lot of time and hard work. It needs luck too. It is very different from other courses and other professional courses u have done. Don't do for the sacrifice of ur current career.

1 Like

*RENU SINGH * (✩ §m!ℓ!ñġ €ม€§ fℓม!ñġ ђ♪gђ✩ )   (21607 Points)
Replied 15 November 2011

@ Vijay ...

well kudos to u for ur keen desire for studies ....

You are in the IT world and wanna move to financial world. You are working on night shift . You have already ur personalised learning plan of studying 2 hours daily. Its really good fact indeed...

But remember this fact always that its ur desire to be a CA. Its not a duty for u.. This fact will keep u motivating in rest of  ur journey.I think u should really do CA.

Just remove all doubts from ur mind. And about the coaching classes ,...  don't worry u can buy dvds of different classes ...and u can take online coaching as well . As u r already a software engg ...so working with computer is ur second nature. U can manage studies at this time very wellenlightened ...

Just go ahead and best of luckyes ... in case u need any help ..we all are always there smiley

1 Like

*RENU SINGH * (✩ §m!ℓ!ñġ €ม€§ fℓม!ñġ ђ♪gђ✩ )   (21607 Points)
Replied 15 November 2011

and 1 more fact ...

CA  study includes practical more then theory . So theory won't bug u  as much as u think cool

1 Like

(Guest)

hi sir.ca requires lot of hardwork and luck,if u r truly passionate to put those two prestigious letters(CA) in front of ur name then only do it.as far as i cud assume is that u never wanted to b ca,thats y u never took up CA as ur proffession for the very first time,u went for carrere in marketing.so  i wud suggest u that dont go by anybody else words jst sit down and think what u want in life then only decide abt doing ca or not and moreover u hv such good experience otherwise,u can excel in ur carreer well.doing ca at this point of time wud b a bit difficult but if u hv courage to do it,then go for it ,as nothing is impossible.all the best.

1 Like

Yogesh Agarwal (Consultant) (2678 Points)
Replied 15 November 2011

Go ahead...

1 Like

VARUN.C.DAS (Chartered Accountant ) (356 Points)
Replied 15 November 2011

Dear sir ,

Try to do any other cource which is related to ur current possition 

go for MBA FROM IMM average salary is 25 lacs per anum 

the average salary for ca 's is only 6 - 12 lacs (fresher ) 

and if u have a strong wish then do it man NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE 

1 Like

CA Jaydeep Bhowal (Service) (163 Points)
Replied 15 November 2011

Go for SAP training instead.........Dont do CA, if u r desperate to do...then go for CS (it is also demanding, and u can manage ur time also)........

1 Like

AMIT DHIMAN (CA IN JOB) (76 Points)
Replied 15 November 2011

Hi Vijay, Firstly just follow your heart,, if you have a desire to become CA then forget about anything else , this life will not come back and maybe you will regret later that why you didnt do it ..(this applies to everything in life) Secondly , you have already opted for a different carrer and already spent 6-7 years and have a decent job right now there is no harm in giving a sincere try for CA since you still have 3-4 years to get married and settle down (assuming you are not married) only problem is practical training. Thirdly since you are into IT & marketing after CA you will have better options like financial consultant with SAP etc and beleive me pacakages are really attractive & you can work accorind to your convenience. Fourth since we all our working in pvt sectors we will never have any pensions like our fathers had so if you do CA you will have the option to make money even after your retirement (by own practice) till your body allows you to sign :-) :-):-):-) people, will come to you for signatures (depends on your place). Although CA is difficult but it is not impossible ... To achieve something great in life you have to definately work hard... Go ahead buddy and best of luck

1 Like

shashank gupta (Ca (pcc)) (35 Points)
Replied 15 November 2011

dear vijay sharma,

if u want to pursue ca then go ahead but before starting ca u should know about ca cousre.

luck play a very important role in ca cousre, but u have guts and fate then go just do it.

do it with passion, passion and patience is very much required in this course.

if u want to do ca, then just go for it

best of luc....................

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags