Easy Office
LCI Learning

Shocking Audit paper

Page no : 4

Nimish Jain (Internal Auditor/CA final student)   (240 Points)
Replied 14 May 2011

I remember thr was a question in law "Importance of communication"....how absurd...would u call tht tough if thr r no case studies...a kid with a minimum IQ can attempt it...ICAI needs to raise the quality of papers...Audit paper was totally ipcc based...atleast audit should b different (question papers) for ipcc n pcc....pcc students hav ample practical xperience of auditing field, so i think tht paper should b more on case laws...the paper i gave yday was nothing more than a bcom audit paper...I'm happy it was good though :P

Minnal (Apprentice) (98 Points)
Replied 14 May 2011

Originally posted by : Shalini Nayyar

Originally posted by : Raunak

alrite...this paper was quite expected...!! 0 marks frm company audit..!!
lol it was funy tat that d question paper was only of 1 page...!!
paper was b com standard..remeber icai told they wil give only practical questions..lol neva..
it was only theory...!! no single practical question...
by these papers it is quite evident tat they will test ur basics,concepts,whether u are thorough with WHOLE sylabus,ur nt doing SELECTIVE STUDYING,DO NOT GO BY COACHING CENTRES IMPORTANT STUFF..!

this series of papers is like a bonus to ppl who have studied their basics except Accounts n Tax for PCC (i am frm pcc)
these kinda papers come once in a while..!!

though my paper was good..i fear the correction is gonna be bad.. :(

exactly .... i also think dat checking is goin to be strict ... though my  paper was fine

What would you call re issue of redeemed debenture, buy back of securities, if it is not company?

1 Like

aman manchanda (completed B.COM HONS and ca final first group)   (133 Points)
Replied 14 May 2011

who says audit exam was tuff???????

its vas damm easy exam.

ma dear frnd sawpnil , i guess u didint study weeel 4 d exam dats y u r sayin worst audit exam.

phir toh tujhe law ka bhi worst laga hai???

bcoz of direct questions.

rest all depends upon checkin....

jitne aasaan paper, utni tuff checkin.....

all d best

1 Like

Nimish Jain (Internal Auditor/CA final student)   (240 Points)
Replied 14 May 2011

comon guys, he just had a bad day....give him a break... :)

A-G-V (Student) (571 Points)
Replied 14 May 2011

ICAI has screwed us yet again ;(

Ronak Agrawal (Working at a KPO) (54 Points)
Replied 14 May 2011

Originally posted by : Aditya Dubey

The paper seems to be relatively easy and balanced. Any person who has actually conducted a few audits and has decent language skills should manage to do really well. Also, I'd just like to mention one point to all my friends here. It's the ICAI, at least as far as Auditing and Assurance is concerned there is no higher or alternative body in the country. Let them be the best judge of what is important and what should be asked.

i totally agree

Phuntu Vidhani (student) (33 Points)
Replied 14 May 2011

now wht all of yuh..xpecting frm 2morrows IT/SM xam.....!!!!!

Swapnil Jain (Finance - FP&A) (564 Points)
Replied 14 May 2011

Originally posted by : aman manchanda

its vas damm easy exam.

ma dear frnd sawpnil , i guess u didint study weeel 4 d exam dats y u r sayin worst audit exam.

all d best

harsh comment!!! but absolutely true...!! it was my fault that i went in flow of history and thought practical question would be ample to compensate the shortcomings of Law paper (I did not give Law paper)....

@ nimish- thanks friend

CA Debashree Mishra (Fresher) (142 Points)
Replied 14 May 2011

I don't know whether the paper was meant to be for B.Com. or IPCC.....:(

CA Himanshu Bansal (Risk Manager) (2345 Points)
Replied 14 May 2011

Originally posted by : aman manchanda

its vas damm easy exam.

all d best

Your Comment on Law exam is not fair.

Boss, I hope you must have gone through the President/Vice President/ BOS chairman's messages in CA Students' Journal. Not single time, they said many times, " since exams are practical based, students must not resort to rote learning " . Moreover, the law exam from past many attempts came practical case studies based.

Agreed, that nowhere it is written that direct theoritical questions will not be asked,but I would like you to justify such messages by the " President/Vice President/ BOS chairman " ..

Agreed that law exam was not tough, but it was not fair to give such questions, when the esteemed positionholders @ Institute said about the pattern of exam being changed from theory to practical. That is why most of us prepared the exam in flow with practical approach.. which didnt came , and it was a shocker for us !

Those who says law exam was normal, hats off to them !!

Also, if possible,  pls throw some light of the usefullness of " 24 marks communication " portion in the exam.. whats the relevance of such pure "bookish" level thing in CA profession ? On the other hand, being very useful in practical life ,  How can they neglect the notices/deeds/affidavits  etc , ? 

Dr. Paras Jain (Chartered Accountant) (1238 Points)
Replied 14 May 2011

I had always been telling that there is something grossly wrong with the academic wing of ICAI and I maintain that. There are on the constant look out for the examiners . It is said that many  examiners are not even CAs. . Good articles on how to keep your moral up at exam etc okay to keep you going  when you are depressesd but the sad fact remains that it is your confidence during those three  hours . Something again I can tell you.  long answers do get good marks if at least partly they touch the moot point not otherewise. Secondly good points are never ignored even if your answer is short. Buck up guy. Be you own boss. likes of people like me are past our peak times. Our advice will confuse you more. OK ???

3 Like

geetanjli (Trainee) (79 Points)
Replied 14 May 2011

guyz was there a single question which was out of syllabus, and hasnt been this obviuos from past 4 exams that ICAI is following the policy of back to the basics, so why crib now... and according to me it should have been a breeze for those who do practicle training.

Raunak (CA Final) (227 Points)
Replied 14 May 2011

@ minnal yea forgot abt the 7th question..

basically everything comes from everywhere...!!

ppl are commenting like icai did this icai did tat...blah blah...

i mean its my 3rd attempt...i jst hav got used to all this pattern change,questions,etc etc...its NORMAL now..it is CA aftr all...was is the use if EVERYONE can pass??!! give a thought to tat...

thought they had said ther wil be practical questions or costing shall have atleast 50 marks...u just cannot help it , u can only crib, point out the issues in conventions but it wont change . Until u, after going through the system , get into the system (after becoming a CA) ... change it urself...

this is just pcc/ipcc imagine finals..!!

Vignesh (B.Com CA FINAL & CMA FINAL)   (193 Points)
Replied 14 May 2011

how ever the question paper may be... if you prepare well no need to worry.

aman manchanda (completed B.COM HONS and ca final first group)   (133 Points)
Replied 14 May 2011

Your Comment on Law exam is not fair.

Boss, I hope you must have gone through the President/Vice President/ BOS chairman's messages in CA Students' Journal. Not single time, they said many times, " since exams are practical based, students must not resort to rote learning " . Moreover, the law exam from past many attempts came practical case studies based.

Agreed, that nowhere it is written that direct theoritical questions will not be asked,but I would like you to justify such messages by the " President/Vice President/ BOS chairman " ..

Agreed that law exam was not tough, but it was not fair to give such questions, when the esteemed positionholders @ Institute said about the pattern of exam being changed from theory to practical. That is why most of us prepared the exam in flow with practical approach.. which didnt came , and it was a shocker for us !

Those who says law exam was normal, hats off to them !!

Also, if possible,  pls throw some light of the usefullness of " 24 marks communication " portion in the exam.. whats the relevance of such pure "bookish" level thing in CA profession ? On the other hand, being very useful in practical life ,  How can they neglect the notices/deeds/affidavits  etc , ? 

ur answer of dis ques...
here it goes..

jab exam tuff aate hai toh kyun kehte ho ki tuff hai.
bear it na???
jab aasaan aaye toh bhi kehte ho ki aasaan hai, aise nahi aane chahiye..
dude, wht do u want????
notices, drafts etc. aache hai ki nahi aaye, wahin marks cut hote hai.
aur tujhe isme problem hai??
phir ethics kyun hai ca mein???
iska kya use hai???

jab practical aate hai , toh aachon aachon se attempt bhi na hote.
its better to stay cool and raw.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: