Error in SFM paper - ICAI

Ca Buddy (.) (45 Points)

17 July 2018  

Hi, friends as you all might know that there were grave printing errors of around 30 marks in the Old Course CA Final SFM Paper of May, 2018.

1)Mistakes have been Unanimously Highlighted & Issue Raised, Even by Renowned Experts in field of CA final SFM

2) NO RESPONSE FROM ICAI (BLATANT IGNORANCE)

Inspite of this fact being highlighted by all the above eminent faculties as well as various students across India , it is extremely shocking & shattering to see how ICAI has been a Mute Spectator to this entire Issue.

3) Why Such a Big Problem

I personally think it is not correct on part of the institute which boasts of high standards if it says that students had to solve these questions making assumptions.

It is very Easy to say such things in hindsight, but it is practically Impossible to do it under Exam Conditions. I'm sure everyone who has given the CA Exam Papers would agree.

Even a seemingly innocuous Printing Error of ‘NAV’ as ‘NPV’ can be so ambiguous as far as a student is concerned, because the change of a Single Letter takes the word to a totally different concept.

4) What Action from ICAI President ?

I remember that the President CA Naveen Gupta Sir  had promised to take suo motu action on the issue of apparent manipulation of results of students during the November ,2017 attempt and had accordingly declared that they would be providing Free Certified Copies of Answer Sheets to all the aggrieved students.

However, this time there has been no response from him or any of his Office members on this serious menace of Mistakes & Printing  Errors in CA Final SFM Paper (Old Course). Even the Letters containing our observations on the SFM Exam Paper that we have sent to the examination department has evoked no response. They haven’t replied to our mails

5)Lets Hope the ICAI President takes SUO MOTU Action on this Bonafide Issue – Lets Hope the President sets a Good Precedent

We have put our blood & sweat in preparing for this exam. After going through all this , we atleast deserve an error-free paper.

I pray that a proper solution found to this ununfortunate situationwhich will adversely affect the Life of so many students. I hope the current ICAI President takes Suo Motu Cognizance of this Issue.

I hope he restores the faith we have in the Institute.