Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

service tax querry

Piyush Sanghi (CA) (172 Points)

07 June 2010  

hey guys can anyone temme wats the section for non -taxability of free services?

also do temme whether the limit of 10 lakh is on gross receipt or on value of taxable services???

 5 Replies

Replied 07 June 2010

Dear Sir,

We are manufacturers of  Upvc Doors and Windows.  we are registered under SERVICE TAX act for installation of doors and Windows.  Now  we are doing jobworks to our parent company who is registered under Central Excise .  Is service tax applicable on Jobworks? Kindly confirm and send me that related soft copy  

Kindly do the needful

Ankur Agrawal (ET(Finance)) (21 Points)
Replied 09 June 2010

Hiiii Friends

Whether Cenvat credit of excise duty of furnitures purchsed for site office can be taken????????

Jeevesh Mehta (Advocate- Corporate Commercial & Indirect Tax Advisory)   (861 Points)
Replied 09 June 2010

Dear Sriniwas, If ur doing Jobwork for your Parent company and the duty is being paid by that company then u will be liable to pay ST as a jobworker. JObworker services has been defined under Business Auxiliary Services. U can go through it . Regards Jeevesh Mehta

Replied 06 April 2016

Refer "Record of inputs sent for job work outside the factory under Rule 57F(4)

Mir Irshad Ali (Partner) (192 Points)
Replied 11 April 2016

If the principal manufacrurer (Parent Company) is paying Central Excise duty on the goods manufactured/processed by you on job work then the Service Tax is exempted (for jobworker) under Notfn No. 8/2005-ST.

Also if the job work process amount to manufacture in terms of Section 2(f) of Central Excise Act, 1944, no Service Tax is payable.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags