Service tax payment

Hi,

   I have rental income exceeding 10L per year. I already have ST registration done.  Hence I need to pay service tax starting from April 1st 2014. I have following questions.

1. When do I pay service taxes ? Is it once in 3 months or 6 months?

2. From when I can pay for the period April to Jun 2014  ( Assuming I need to pay service tax for 3 month period)

3. Can I make online payment? Any conditions for online payment ?

Regards,

Murali

 

Replies (2)

Dear Sir,

It is good you are increase the SSI level Rs. 10 lakh and also got Service Tax Registration.

We are mentioned here para-wise reply in this regard:

1. If you are Individual then your tax liability has to pay on quarterly basis and it is routine basis.

2. Yes, i.e. (April to June) tax will be paid on 07th July. After interest applicable @ 18% p.a.

3. Yes you can make the online payment.

And further you can also avail the benefit of SSI exemption i.e. your tax liability to be create after 10 lakh.

It mean, service tax have to pay cross the 10 lakh limit.

If you having other observation in this regard plz forward the same.

1. you are required to pay tax quarterly if you are receiving rent as an individual.

2. due date for payment of s.tax for the period april to june is 7th july.

3. yes, you can make online payment.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details