Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Service tax liability

Meenakshi S (Self employed) (192 Points)

01 December 2015  
my husband is doing outsourcing business and is earning $60,000/- p.m. from diffrent foreign clients. Is he liable for service tax. If yes, then what is the rate. Also, how to show his income in the income tax return

 3 Replies

annamalai (Partner) (95 Points)
Replied 01 December 2015


you have to register with service tax

file returns - services are exempted

inocme tax is applicable on net income , for further clarifications

visit www.annamalaiassociate.com



Madhukar N Hiregange (Chartered Accountant) (38934 Points)
Replied 01 December 2015

As the outsourcing service is export- it is not liable to ST. Under POPS it is location of service reciver who in your case is outside India. Therefore not liable. No need to register under ST unless some other services provided. 

1 Like

Replied 01 December 2015

there is no service tax, service provided out-side india is exempted..no need for ST registraion.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags