Sell of Residential flat

Hi ,

I have only one house in Nallasopara which I bought in 2008 by the help of home Loan and sold in 2017 and home loan also paid by that money, now I am residing in rental home. Will that money which I received will attract any Tax. If yes Please suggest what I need to do further to avoide any inconveyance in future.

Thanks,

 

 

Replies (1)
The money you received on account of sale proceeds would be subject to Capital Gains Tax @ 20% subject to capital gains calculation. If you want to avoid paying tax then calculate the Capital Gain or Loss arising on the transaction and fulfill conditions mentioned US 54 of the Income Tax Act 1961. File your Income Tax Return disclosing the Capital Gain or Loss to claim benefits.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 03 October 2026
Accountant

A P Lodha and Associates

Jalna

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
05 October 2026
Senior Accountant

Vision IT Peripherals Pvt Ltd

Mumbai

B.Com

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details