Selection of articles in big 4 of direct entry graduates

Student CA Final

Dear friends

I wish to pursue CA practical training from BIG 4 and I have some doubts in my mind, kindly resolve my queries.

I have completed my graduation along with CFA (USA) Level 1 and I am appearing for the Nov, 2013 attempt of IPCC examination. Currently, I am based in Moradabad (Uttar Pradesh) and am planning to pursue my CA practical training from March, 2013 under a reputed CA of Moradabad only.

I wish to take transfer in BIG 4 after my IPCC examinations (Nov, 2013) and I have the following queries regarding the same:-

1. Does the company accepts transfer students in the first or second year of practical training?
2. Is there a requirement of any specific rank or score in IPCC examination to apply in the company?
3. Is it compulsory to appear for both groups simultaneously?
4. What is the procedure to apply?
5. Are their any specific profile requirements by the company for CA trainees?

Thanks in advance.

1) YES BIG4 ACCEPTS TRANSFER CASES ALSO...... ONE OF MY FRND HAS DONE HIS FIRST YEAR FROM A SMALL FIRM AND THAN HE APPLIED FOR BIG4... HE GOT SELECTED AND PRESENTLY HE IS IN E&Y

2)NO NEED OF SECURING A RANK... IF RANK IS THERE, ITS GUD  AND IF NOT THAN TOO U CAN BE SELECTED.......... KNOWLEDGE IS MUST

3)NO.... BUT U SHOULD HAVE PASSED BOTH GRPS,....... EITHER SIMULTANEOUSLY OR IN DIFFERENT ATTMPT

4) U WILL HAVE TO SEND UR RESUME WITH A GOOD COVER LETTER.... IF U HAVE REFERENCE THAN IT WILL BE A BIT EASY.... IF U R SHORTLISTED THAN U WILL BE CALLED FOR G.D. P.I. ............ ALSO SOME PROCEDURES WILL BE THERE..........  SEND UR CV TO careers.ey @ in.ey.com <FOR E&Y>

5) No other specific requirement is there... if u have than its good for u.... if not than too no prblm....

BEST OF LUCK

Total likes : 3 times

FRNDS PLEASE CORRECT ME IF IN CASE I M WRONG SOME WHERE...

THNX

hi ! can anyone plz give the email ids of big fours ( for sending resume )

indelcareers @ deloitte.com 

careers.india @ in.pwc.com

kpmg dont have.

but reference is must if u wanna get a ticket for interview .

Total likes : 1 times

Chasing IPCC May 2014

Originally posted by : Priyansh Suryawanshi

1) YES BIG4 ACCEPTS TRANSFER CASES ALSO...... ONE OF MY FRND HAS DONE HIS FIRST YEAR FROM A SMALL FIRM AND THAN HE APPLIED FOR BIG4... HE GOT SELECTED AND PRESENTLY HE IS IN E&Y

2)NO NEED OF SECURING A RANK... IF RANK IS THERE, ITS GUD  AND IF NOT THAN TOO U CAN BE SELECTED.......... KNOWLEDGE IS MUST

3)NO.... BUT U SHOULD HAVE PASSED BOTH GRPS,....... EITHER SIMULTANEOUSLY OR IN DIFFERENT ATTMPT

4) U WILL HAVE TO SEND UR RESUME WITH A GOOD COVER LETTER.... IF U HAVE REFERENCE THAN IT WILL BE A BIT EASY.... IF U R SHORTLISTED THAN U WILL BE CALLED FOR G.D. P.I. ............ ALSO SOME PROCEDURES WILL BE THERE..........  SEND UR CV TO careers.ey @ in.ey.com

5) No other specific requirement is there... if u have than its good for u.... if not than too no prblm....

BEST OF LUCK

Sir

I believe if someone have cleared group 1  in IPCC then he can join articleship....?

DEAR MBAJAMESBOND
YES U R RIGHT.... WE CAN JOIN ARTICLESHIP AFTER CLEARING 1ST GROUP

BUT WE CAN NOT JOIN BIG4 WITHOUT CLEARING BOTH GRPS.....

WITH DUE RESPECT.. KINDLY READ THE 3RD POINT OF MINE AGAIN... ITS FOR BIG4

THANK U

HELLO SIR,

VIKAS HERE.

I JUST WANTED TO KNOW THAT DIRECT ENTRY STUDENTS CAN GET INTO BIG4????

I WANT TO TAKE TRANSFER FROM MY FIRM  SO JUST HELP ME OUT??

Sir ,
I am going for group1 now and group2 for nov. after may i will join any small firm , after 6 months can i apply for big 4 ? (transfer )?   please reply me @ kakshaygoud @ gmail.com

Practicing CA

MY PERSONAL OPINION & FRIEND'S EXPERIENCE !!!

It would be great if you opt for a mid-size firm instead of joining a Big 4. In mid-size firms, you would be exposed to all aspects of a CA practical training, i.e taxation (direct, indirect, international), auditing, company law, FEMA, etc.. This knowledge would help you in choosing your path after you pass out in Finals. Currently good stipend & nice work culture might lure you to join Big 4, but later you might relent on this decision. I know many of my friends (whom I met in GMCS) from Big 4 who are stuck within the same Dept. for years & are now left with very less option to move out (from Big 4) to find a new Career as their experience is restricted to a particular field.

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

CCI Online Learning

Choose from our category of courses

What do you want to learn today?

CS

CMA

Browse all Subjects

CCI MENU