Security and safety practices while using ca

I file personal IT return through CA. Here are some things that worry me:

- my IT portal password is with CA. everyone in the CA office knows my password and they have kept it to something simple so that everyone in their office can remember.

- i have to send all my financial statements (bank statements, employer given forms, investment details, bank account details, etc) to them via email. They have one common email which all their staff uses.

- many of their old employees leave and new ones keep coming.

I am worried somehow all my financial details might get leaked. I am an internet geek and I feel worried that my CA does not use the same precautions I would like to use.

Am I worrying too much? Is this the case with all CAs?

Replies (2)

No.

Generally it is changed immediately after filing return.

Dear Dhirajlal Sir,

1 So you are suggesting to change password after filing each year and give new password every new year to CA?

2 What about sending financial documents by email? Is there no better way? because my CA has one gmail account which all his employees use which I find not so safe.

3 worst case do you think if some wrong party gets my IT details (everything) how can it be misused?

Thank you sir...

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 04 September 2026
Accounts Executive

Hema Yashwanth & Associates

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Article Assistant

SGNG & Associates

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details