Section 90 / 90A got rejected in my return - What to do ?

I am a salaried employee with an MNC. My company stock trades on NYC.  I have stocks as part of my compensation with Morgan Stanley broker. I received dividend for these stocks for which Tax has been deducted by the broker firm. I have transferred the remaining amount to my India account. Since there is a double tax avoidance benefit based on Section 90/90A with USA I have claimed the tax amount deducted by US broker as relief in my return. I have also filled form 67 and submitted all relevant document. But still the entire amount has been rejected for relief and got an intimation for the same. I raised two  grievances from the IT portal which they closed without giving any explanation. What  can I do to get my legitimate claim honored ? 

 

 

Replies (2)
Quick Summary
An individual's claim for tax relief under Section 90/90A for US-sourced dividends, despite submitting Form 67 and documentation, has been rejected. They've attempted to resolve this via IT portal grievances without success. Another user shares a similar experience where their CA advised claiming relief, leading to an IT notice stating inapplicability. The discussion seeks guidance on how to proceed to get legitimate tax claims recognised.

You need to file appeal. Hire any professional to process the application.

I have a similar situation. I didn't transfer the dividend in my India account. Its still in the trading account. But my CA suggested to declare in and get tax relief under 90/90A. Now I have gotten IT Notice saying this relief is not applicable.

What should be done here?

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
Featured ARTICLESHIP 06 October 2026
Semi Qualified

AJAY SINGH AND CO LLP

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
Account Executive

Elite Taxation

New Delhi

CA Foundation

View Details