Easy Office

Section 206cq of income tax act

Page no : 2

GYAN PRAKASH (Asstt Manager) (27 Points)
Replied 28 June 2021

amount shown as paid or debited in 26AS  with reference to section 206CQ is not in the nature of income but a kind of the payment that buyer is liable to pay for foreign remittance & shall be considered as sale for one & purchase for others which attracts TCS only if amount paid or payable by buyers is 7 lakh or more. So if  there is no either TCS collected or deposited in 26AS means amount shown as paid or debited for buyer  shall not be taken as income for filing the income tax return.

1 Like

John Mcguire (Professional) (245 Points)
Replied 03 July 2021

lulu forexprivate limited have deducted 40636 on the transaction of 812719 shownin 26as part b collection of tds at sourance can i clain refund where this amount of 812719 is to be shown in itr

Prasad Putcha (2 Points)
Replied 06 July 2021

The total payment made to Lulu Forexprivate Limited amounting to R. 8,12,719/- is not an income, but it is a capital outflow for which the department would inquire for the sources from which the payment is made and if the sources are not satisfactorily explained then it becomes evident for them to include the same in your income U/s. 69C unexplained expenditure / payments and to tax U/s. 115BBE, If the sources are available then you can claim the TCS paid amount of Rs. 40,636/- from out of the tax payable by you from you regular income.

Singh malhotra (2 Points)
Replied 16 July 2021

tHE AMOUNT SHOWN UDER THIS SECTION IS ABOUT PAYMENT TO VENDOR OUTSIDE INDIA SAY GOOGLE AMAZON ETC

Alritz Consultancy (Tax Return Preparer) (4 Points)
Replied 20 July 2021

Section 206 CQ is Expenses details done in foreign currency, it generally happened when you do online payment through any app. Sonyliv, Amazon prime or Netflix Recharge or any game app payment.

Bonagiri Dinesh (42 Points)
Replied 06 September 2021

Yeah bcz it's an TCS on amount spent not on income 

CA CMA CS Ram Pavan Kumar Melam (CA) (6980 Points)
Replied 25 December 2021

Code descripttion as per Form 26AS: 206CQ - Collection at source on remittance under LRS for purpose other than for purchase of overseas tour package or for educational loan taken from financial institution

Saurabh Bajaj (practioner) (22 Points)
Replied 26 March 2022

206CQ Collection at source on remittance under LRS for purpose other than for purchase of overseas tour package or for educational loan taken from financial institution

Toman Sahu (2 Points)
Replied 14 June 2022

THEN WHY IS IT MENTIONED IN 26AS ?

Parameswaran Thathamangalam (86 Points)
Replied 20 June 2022

In my form 26AS an amount of ₹.4899/ is shown as paid to me on 17th July 2021. Under section 206CQ. No TCS. Should I add this amount to my total income from other sources?

Debraj Boral (2 Points)
Replied 11 July 2022

Are you CA, Please update yourself...

Parameswaran Thathamangalam (86 Points)
Replied 11 July 2022

Last year I renewed my Microsoft Office 365 by paying ₹.4899/= This teansaction is shown in my 26 under section 206 CQ. This became clear to me when I accessed Annual Information Statement from AIS portal . 

getgoing (--) (20 Points)
Replied 23 August 2023

About Section 206CQ - https://www.caclubindia.com/articles/section-206cq-47556.asp

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: