SBI Life ULIP- redemption

Hi all,

 

My father purchased an ULIP based plan in December, 2012 for Rs. 3,75,000. In June, 2018 he redeemed the same for about 6,00,000. SBI Life deducted TDS @ 1% on the whole 6 lakhs and they reported the same in their TDS returns. While I was filing my fathers ITR, I showed the net amount as income (6.00-3.75) under other income and not 6 lakhs. Now have received query from Income Tax claiming that I showed less amount based on the TDS details. But I am confused as to how to show the full amount received as that will make us pay tax on the cost as well. I read everywhere that the only the net amount is taxable (common sense too). But not sure how to show the same in the ITR.

Thanks in advance.

Replies (1)
The returns out of the policy on maturity are exempt from income tax under Section 10(10D) of the Income-tax Act

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details