sale of assets in the winding up

I have constituted partnership firm and taken regular GST registration . I have claimed input tax credit on purchase of assets but not availed it( not setted off against my output tax liability) . now I am winding up my firm and I decided to sell my assets. what is the procedure under GST ?
do I need to collect tax from the person I sell my assets?
do I could claim refund of GST paid on purchase of assets ??
please help me
Replies (2)
you have to pay GST on business goods lying in your stock. you can pay output tax after setting off input tax credit.
you cannot claim refund of GST paid on purchase of assets.
in fact any unutilised itc will lapse.
however, if you are transferring business as a going concern then, then no GST will have to be paid. transferee will be entitled to itc lying in your book.
@ Neha Aggarwal :I am asking do we need to collect GST on sale of assets. if collected can we adjust it against unavailed input tax credit on purchase of the same assets (not setted off)

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
08 October 2026
SALES TELECALLER

HIRE NOVA

Lucknow

Graduate (Any)

View Details
Company
05 October 2026
Senior Accountant

Vision IT Peripherals Pvt Ltd

Mumbai

B.Com

View Details
Company
06 October 2026
Assistant Manager - Audit and Compliance

Ravi K Jain & Co

Noida

Others

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
Account Executive

Elite Taxation

New Delhi

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
Accounts and Tax Associate

POOJA R TELI & CO

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article Assistant

Malhotra Rajesh & Associates

New Delhi

B.Com

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details