Easy Office

RS 32 lakhs to SRCC;RS 15 Lakhs to CA

Page no : 2

CA Priya (CS Final) (1049 Points)
Replied 24 December 2010

I dont understand.............. U mean to say not even one CA has that quality ?????????????? Come on yer................. Its clear that we are being cheated..................

shinoj (ab) (1201 Points)
Replied 24 December 2010

Thing is that salary in investment banking always higher..but this is a mystery as to why no companies hire CA for this field..ICAI thinking only of practicing CAs..

1 Like

RG(BCom,CA,CS,CMA,CFA,DISA,MBA (Professional) (1028 Points)
Replied 24 December 2010

amazing n unbelievable!

B.M.Singh (ACA,ACS,Bcom) (Practicing Professional.( ACA ACS B.Com ))   (45 Points)
Replied 24 December 2010

SRCC is has limited seats but ICAI has no such criteria.....how many people can join SRCC?   but ICAI is open for all so no compare at all. SRCC selects only those who are already excellent (<95% in 10+2) but ICAI makes a average student special.

Amit Gupta (Loosening Myself) (1508 Points)
Replied 24 December 2010

Its an old news..why scraching out old areas of demotivation!!

Vikrant (Chartered Accountant) (601 Points)
Replied 24 December 2010

shinoj is right the same package went in st.stephens too. but the one who got the package was expelled within 4 months of the job......

jose.p (CA in service) (1676 Points)
Replied 24 December 2010

that guy hasn't been expelled.The duo are out of the nation for deutche bank. @ Shinoj; This news had been posted by me back in march/april 2010. MBA rocked;and now even BSC economics students overtook CA students. Regarding those having 70lac package; guys plz note that the job location were in volatile areas of africa.
1 Like

Vikrant (Chartered Accountant) (601 Points)
Replied 24 December 2010

NEW DELHI: If placements across campuses in the city are any indication, the recession is well and truly over. The hunt for bright, young recruits is still underway, but various benchmarks have already been broken. 

One student each from Shri Ram College of Commerce and from St Stephen’s got the highest ever offers in Delhi University’s history with Rs 32 lakh domestic packages, while an Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) student bagged an all-time high international offer of USD 1,50,000. IIFT has seen a 50% rise in average salaries and 10% of all placements have been abroad. Good news has also been coming in from campuses such as Management Development Institute (MDI), Gurgaon, Delhi Technological University (DTU) and Jamia Millia Islamia. 

‘‘ It has been a new benchmark in many ways for IIFT. We have got our highestever international offer - a salary of USD 150,000 - from Olam International. Moreover , a record 17 overseas offers were made. The average salary, at Rs 11.54 lakh, saw an increase of 53% over last year,’’ said IIFT’s corporate and placement advisor , Munish Bhargava. 

Director of IIFT K T Chacko added, ‘‘ With the economy on the path of recovery , students across campuses are set to reap the benefits.” 

At SRCC, economics student Adit Mathur bagged the Rs 32 lakh package from Deutsche Bank. Moreover, the placement season usually ends in December but it is still continuing this year, with 27 companies - about 10 more than last year - having visited the college since last August. 

Aparna Keswani, a member of the college placement cell, said: ‘‘ With the economy recovering, a lot more companies were willing to recruit this time. We even got calls from companies saying they wanted to come in March but we had to say no.’’ She added, ‘‘ About 150 of a total of 450 students have been recruited , the average pay package stands at Rs 4.75 lakh. A lot of the other students have opted either for higher studies or for articleship.’’ 

Meanwhile, the PSUs haven’t completely lost the advantage the recession gave them. While 58 DTU students got offers from PSUs such as NTPC , IOCL and BHEL, 10% of total recruitment at MDI was done by PSUs, which included SBI and Rural Electrification Corporation . 

Even Jamia, which has an average placement record, can now boast of an average annual salary package of Rs 6 lakh for its BTech graduates. ‘‘ This year, companies such as HDFC , Dell, Genpact, Wipro , L&T , and HCL, among others, have already recruited from our campus and we are looking forward to more such offers ,” said Jamia’s placement in-charge Rihan Khan Suri.

Joey Tribbiani (fdg) (2010 Points)
Replied 25 December 2010

people I may be wromg but we all know that salaries in Investment banks is highly inflated,they seem to add bonuses of big ticket acquistions which might or might not happen in future. As per my view 32 lakhs would include exorbitant amount of inflated bonuses,because as I have seen practically. For a DU student its quite an achievement  and thats a standalone case,if u see the percentage of people getting placed out of du,then u would know it. And as for the placements go even the best brains of Sukhdev college,DU  and  Hindu got offer for Audit assistant @ 3.75l pa. So dont be disheartened,package includes many things and they are always on the higher end of what company expects to spend on you,what we here get is cash in hand salary which matters more...

ravi tej (ca final) (392 Points)
Replied 25 December 2010

SAID CORRECTLY  YAAR CHAITANYA.

Suraj Kela (CS EXECUTIVE) (34 Points)
Replied 25 December 2010

amazing but i doubt their skills in comparison to us like CA, CS AND CWA bandwagon

Replied 25 December 2010

amazing but i doubt their skills in comparison to us like CA, CS AND CWA bandwagon

Replied 25 December 2010

we are not a marketed bunch of professionals and for that our institutes are to blame. IIM itself is a brand name and our institutes like ICAI, ICSI AND ICWAI should be more marketable in their approach so it can benefit us to increase our presence and our salary.

CA Puneet Dham (CA) (694 Points)
Replied 25 December 2010

Originally posted by : sahil singla

i heard that SRCC studnts get package of upto rs. 12 lacs..but 32 lacs is unbelievable...wat skills they must be having as compared to a CA...& wat companies get them after hiring them !

CA Anuj (Chartered Accountant) (230 Points)
Replied 25 December 2010

The people at the helm in ICAi has made the course a mockery. No body bothers about quality - neither of study nor of profession. Money rules.

CAs are getting what they deserve. The training and the course in CA does not provide skills to command salary. So dont expect much.

Visit me www.commentindia.com

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: