Revised return u/s 139(5)

SANTANU CHATTERJEE (PROFESSIONAL) (30 Points)

08 January 2013  

I filed the IT return for the AY 2012-13 online on 30 July 2012. The gross total income includes salary & interest income.  Besides TDS self asst tax was paid on interest income alongwith int U/S 234B & 234C (as per the system calculated interest in the ITR) on 29 July 2012. The ITR V was not recd by the CPC. Now, calling the ASK & CPC call centre I came to know that a revised return U/S 139(5) has t e filed. While filing up the ITR the SYSTEM CALCULATED INTEREST AMUNT IS BECMING MORE ALTHOUGH THE INCOME REMAINED SAME AS ORIGINAL RETURN. S far I know 234B & 234C shuld be calculated upt the date of payment of tax payable in 100%. Also since the original return was filed on 30 July 2012 no  interest U/S 234A should br charged. Any clue/explanation from anyone PLEASE.............Is there any miscoception in my approach?

I have to file the revised return......through nline only. But as I said some more tax is becoming payable due to excess interest as per their system calculated interest in ITR.  What should I do now? D I have to pay this tax or file the return keeping payable.......or I am making any mistake?