It seems there are different replies to the below query. I would request to the person responding with a reply to do it with full responsibility & knowledge
. Thank you
- " Is tax exempted on post office savings bank account interest ( Single holder) upto ₹ 3500/- in a financial year ( still available to tax payers or the same has been abolished)."
- If still available then Post office sb account interest upto ₹ 3500/- needs to be shown under exempted income in ITR & the same shouldn't be added to other iinterest income from banks.
- Moreover 80 TTA (₹ 10000 ) exemption can be availed over & above this exemption of ₹ 3500.
- Any amount of post office sb account interest above ₹ 3500 would be subjected to tax and need to be added (total income from all sb Interest.
- Please correct me if I'm wrong.