Revised it return u/s 139(5)

Sir, please help me in the matter of e-filing a REVISED RETURN:

I have filed e-return for AY 2013-14 before the due date.  While efiling, I had committed following mistake:

I have not separately shown interest income from Savings Bank Account under the column Income from Other Sources but claimed thedeudction of the same under 80TTA.  My employer in Form-16 also, added Loss from House Property and Interest Income from Savings Bank Account and shown the net figure under Any other income reported by employee.

Now I have received the Intimation u/s 143(1) from CPC and while assessing my return the IT Authorities has not given the benefit under 80TTA and so I have to pay an amount of Rs.840 as balance tax payable (Otherwise my return is NIL tax payable/ refundable.  

Please advise me whether I can file Revised Return to rectify the above mistake u/s 139(5) of the IT Act or whether I can got for Rectification.  Kindly reply immediately.

Thanks

haridasan embran

 

 

 

Replies (2)
Revised return can be filed within 1 year from the end of relevant assessment year or till the completion of assessment whichever is earlier. In your case revised return can be filed.
File revise return.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Articles

Saini Pati Shah & Co LLP, Chartered Accountants

Mumbai

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details