Revised Income Tax Return

I have filed Income Tax Return For AY 2011/12 before few days. I want to file Revised Income Tax Return now. Under which section I have to file Income Tax Return now

Replies (4)

As per Income tax Act,

If any person, having furnished a return under sub-section (1), or in pursuance of a notice issued under sub-section (1) of section 142, discovers any omission or any wrong statement therein, he may furnish a revised return at any time before the expiry of one year from the end of the relevant assessment year or before the completion of the assessment, whichever is earlier

The return will be filed u/s 139(4). In ITR code mentioned is 12.

Originally posted by : ** YOGINI **

As per Income tax Act,

If any person, having furnished a return under sub-section (1), or in pursuance of a notice issued under sub-section (1) of section 142, discovers any omission or any wrong statement therein, he may furnish a revised return at any time before the expiry of one year from the end of the relevant assessment year or before the completion of the assessment, whichever is earlier

The return will be filed u/s 139(4). In ITR code mentioned is 12.
Originally posted by : ** YOGINI **

As per Income tax Act,

If any person, having furnished a return under sub-section (1), or in pursuance of a notice issued under sub-section (1) of section 142, discovers any omission or any wrong statement therein, he may furnish a revised return at any time before the expiry of one year from the end of the relevant assessment year or before the completion of the assessment, whichever is earlier

The return will be filed u/s 139(4). In ITR code mentioned is 12.

YES CORRECT U/S 139 (4) U CAN FILE REVISE RETURN.

I filed IT Return on 26-07-2011 with efileing under section 11- u/s 139(1). On same day I revised efile return under section 16- u/s 139(5).  Thereafter I came to know that the donation made by me to a NGO is admissible for deduction under section 80G.  The said NGO have valid certificate about that. Now I want to know that ------

1) Can I file third time Income tax return by efiling to clam deduction under 80G. OR

2) Can I file third time Income tax return manually to claim deduction under 80G.

3) If answer of 1 or 2 is yes then what should be done about  ITR-V of first and second efilied on 26-07-2011.

4) If I sent ITR-V to CPC Banglore can thereafter also can I file revised return manually/ efiling  claiming deduction under section 80G.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
08 October 2026
Account Executive

Elite Taxation

New Delhi

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details