Revised filing of it returns for ay 2010-11

Hi,

I have filed IT returns for AY 2010-11 through some agent. I couldn't collect the acknowledgement as I was deputed to another location on my project work. Even I wasn't able to contact the agent as well and even now also.

There is a policy amount which I have shown it as a projection and is showing up in my Form-16 under investment declaration (VI A)but I haven't paid the premium and infact I have closed the policy due to some circumstances.

I want to make this correction and file it again. But I don't have reference of the aknowledgement of my previous filing for the same year. Please suggest as to how to go about this.

Thanks,

Kumar

 

 

Replies (4)

Mr. Kumar, You can revise ur return for AY 2010-11 upto 31-03-2012. Condition is that your original return must be filed within due date i.e. 31-07-2010.

1st Situation : When return has been furnished online using incometaxindiaefling.gov.in

Go to above mentioned site and login with pan no. and password. Click on My account then my return then select AY and download your return. Now u can view your acknowledgment no. and proceed for revision.

2nd Situation: When return has been furnished off-line means at Concerned Income tax ward

Go to ward where your return has been furnished and ask for acknowledgement no from concerned officer. They will help u. 

Thanks alot Shailesh for providing information.

I have completely lost contact of the agent through whom I have filed my returns. 

So can I go directly to the IT office and get the acknowledgement no. basing on my PAN no?

Once I get the acknowledgement no. can I file the revised returns thru e-filing online?

Thanks,

Kumar

First of all, You should try online to get acknowledment no. If your original return was submitted online then local income tax office will not help you in this matter. They assist only in case where return was submitted manualy.

You can visit on following website

incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in

and then go to forget pasword link. User Name is your PAN No. By this process, u can reset your password and check the status of return. Whether your return has been filed online or not. If not filed online then you can go to concerned Income tax office.

Thanks Shailesh for your valuable information.

-Kumar

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Topics :

Loading
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details