Easy Office
LCI Learning

Review of CA Final SFM paper

Page no : 3

ayesha (mcom) (1185 Points)
Replied 03 November 2016

For ur kind information mr ankit garg, i have qualified ca final exam in nov 2012 exam after some attempts and after giving tough papers,so please behave,if u dont like my question dont have to reply to such threads.i only ask this question as i want that students should discuss openly about their papers and share it with others.that would help students to vent out their feelings becoz when i used to give my papers then also these discussions used to take place. so why r u getting hyper.i passed in 8 attempts and i know how irritating it was to go for these exams.i dont see why r  u targetting me for tough paper,i am just interested in knowing how was the paper. becoz i have gone through same feelings.i did not even react to anyone else opinions.u can see how many people r viewing and discussing in this thread.

I will keep on asking how was the paper in every ca final exam.i have been doing for last 2 years and will keep doing this in future too.hope u mature quickly mr ankit garg.

From CA MCOM Ayesha

10 Like

ram krishna (ARTICLE) (69 Points)
Replied 03 November 2016

@ ayesha exactly u have to let go off the steam so that the mind can relax and leave the emotions trapped and focus on d next paper, even i have been through the same feelings for d last 5 attempts and releasing the after exams stress is very important. Hope every1 wil take it with a positive attitude.
2 Like

CA Ankit Garg (Qualified Chartered Accountant )   (1743 Points)
Replied 03 November 2016

MAM (CA AYESHA) well u r quite elder to me n obviously more experienced with exams and there outcomes by seeing ur no of attempts. My reply to ur thread was not to insult u or not to show u down but it was only intended to tell u that it sometimes irritates n makes a CA student nervous. May b u also experienced that when you appeared for exams n ur friends, colleagues n other students of this fraternity talks about these stuff in such platform. Well if you want to continue this further by asking after every exam. Continue doing it. No one will stop u. But if you had experienced all these stuff in the past then you should not repeat and if you have not experienced (definitely not possible) continue with your business.
Well regarding my being 'MATURE' a mature person or a student of professional exams will never do such stuff in such platform. Some people do it fun. Some for knowing how was d paper n giving correct suggestions n opinions. Wat was ur intension u only know.

Anyways ALL THE BEST. GOOD NIGHT.
1 Like

Nidhiii (Audit) (642 Points)
Replied 03 November 2016

Extremely frustrated and bitter cos I got the paper that I'd hoped for (very less derivatives) and I just messed up big time cos of tension & lack of sleep. I studied portfolio,forex and capb v.well but just messed up like an idiot.Feeling really really terrible.

But overall I felt that the paper was v.different from the past as in No question from Dividend,Merger & leasing!! Even some theory questions were weird. I think its a cue for us to watch out for future exams as the focus on topics is changing !

CA Raj Doshi (Practising CA) (8795 Points)
Replied 03 November 2016

Any one has a way of telling the institute to bring in a provision that the paper will be finalised only after previous year rankers are able to solve the papers within 3 hours. It was 5 hour paper Sfm Nov 2016
3 Like

harsh gupta (3 Points)
Replied 03 November 2016

Was there date problem in 2b.? Not only date. I think rates are not even understandable.?. is  these both issue or just my wrong interpretation.?

Ashish Kharwar (Internal Auditor at PwC India)   (28 Points)
Replied 03 November 2016

cancelation que has date issue and 6b is wrong que on SCB some figures are ambiguous or misprint like incrmntal cost in km etc

sumit mangal (CA Final) (38 Points)
Replied 03 November 2016

Today's paper was above average and hope that marking will be good ....

becUse last time paper was easy but marking not so good...

then don't take tension if you calculate your marks 40-50 then definitely you will get 

1 Like

Jay L (Industrial Trainee) (186 Points)
Replied 04 November 2016

There are 13 chapters in study mat... I dunno y icai is not asking quest which are practical n can b useful for future financing career...
1 Like

Jay L (Industrial Trainee) (186 Points)
Replied 04 November 2016

The topic like indian capital markets, money market, swaps are the topics which are beautifully covered in out study mat... And they r the topics which. Can be so useful in financing career... Should focus more on the chapters which are useful in pratical real life scenarios... Its just my opinion and good luck for the rest papers..
1 Like

AMRITA KAUR (Article Assistant) (41 Points)
Replied 04 November 2016

The paper seems to be really tough..Though I got exemption In sfm in last attempt but still hopeless this time as I messed up really very badly in accounts paper..

1 Like

arpit (Manager) (247 Points)
Replied 04 November 2016

100% agree...glad someone raised this point....Question are set only to test knowledge without any practical use...

CA Mobin Ghanchi (CA) (27 Points)
Replied 04 November 2016

It was easy for those who have done portfolio theory and forex very well and there were no questions from Derivatives. paper was relatively tough.

Atharva Joshi (pursuing) (119 Points)
Replied 04 November 2016

Actually our entire FM ppr has theoretical concepts with no direct connect with what the market requires, and that is why we have 2 securities portfolio stuff which is highly useless...also in Forex they shouldn't test our knowledge w.r.t conversion of currency:-/

1 Like

CA shanky pahoja (accountant) (615 Points)
Replied 04 November 2016

I think all who are appearing in these exams shol;ud only copncentrate on next not on what happened cause it might be possible that you get highest in which you had least hope so do not ruin next by having conversation about previous.

All the very best and do focus on SA for audit

3 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: